8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
8th-a-holic
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife got a ticket last night...and its weird because of what she got the ticket for. Bear in mind I am in Iraq and there is NOTHING I can do for her from here, except give advice. So a Jefferson County Sheriff pulls her over @ 2am (she was dropping off a GF @ home after a movie nite with the girls) and she gets a $250 ticket for her headlights being too bright.

Here is the kicker...the headlights are STOCK. She had low beams on. We have 4300K HID's, but I unplugged the ballasts before I deployed and put the halogens back in. So the headlights are bone factory, right down the original Sylvania bulbs. after I put them back to stock, I re-aimed the lights to the correct level.

Then the deputy proceeds to tell her she has no options but to pay the fine. Deputy says she has no right to contest the ticket? WTF? WRONG. Back where I come from, EVERY citizen has the right to a trial. She has every right to plead not guilty, to face her accuser in a court of law.

So, I did what I could. I called the honda dealer and they going to print her a letter stating the car is 100% UNALTERED. Its running factory, I took everything completely out, so there is no trace of modification, so there should be zero issues here. My biggest beef is that the officer told her she has no right to a defense. To that I say:

·
Registered
277 Posts
god you would think they would have something better to do maybe like try to stop a drug dealer or rapist rather than write bs tickets like this

·
8th-a-holic
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:rantsmiley::chill:Cops ...they are all full of shiet
No, they arent misaligned, I aimed them perfectly, in a wal-mart parking lot, 20 ft off the wall on level ground @ midnight-ish.

And no, cops arent full of **** all the time, but I do think there are a few that are retarded. Cops have a job to do...but telling a woman she has no right to a defense and has to plead guilty because "he said so?" riiiiiiiiggggggghhhhhhhhht

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
Was the high beams on?

- probably be wasting your time fighting the ticket. Since the officer says at 2am the lights were too bright. 8hrs later a dealership says it's not bright and it's factory. As if a person can't remove or alter headlight in 8hrs.

Look at it this way. Sgt in the army tells PFC his shirt is out of regulation. PFC gets an attitude. Sgt charges the PFC. PFC quicky runs to the px and gets a new shirt.

Best method would have been on that night drive to the office an ask for a supervisors opinion of the lights.

·
Registered
10,265 Posts
he probably said that because he knew he wasnt going to waste his time coming in to the court date, and if he put that fear in her that she "cant contest" shed be more apt to pay the fine and not question it. if he said that to a male driver, we all know the male driver would laugh and say "see you in court". but women, most likely...wouldnt ever think in their right mind that an officer would lie to them. especially over something so stupid as a headlight ticket. he just wanted the ticket to go through, and to not have to go to a court date. bottom line.

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
If your wife is out clubbing at 2am their is the possibilty that "Jody" has been driving your car and he reinstalled the hid kit.

It happens!!!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Was the high beams on?

- probably be wasting your time fighting the ticket. Since the officer says at 2am the lights were too bright. 8hrs later a dealership says it's not bright and it's factory. As if a person can't remove or alter headlight in 8hrs.

Look at it this way. Sgt in the army tells PFC his shirt is out of regulation. PFC gets an attitude. Sgt charges the PFC. PFC quicky runs to the px and gets a new shirt.

Best method would have been on that night drive to the office an ask for a supervisors opinion of the lights.
yeah, any normal person would drive to the police station at 2am to try and fight a ticket they just got. in CA you dont even know how much a ticket is going to be till a few weeks later.

·
8th-a-holic
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If your wife is out clubbing at 2am their is the possibilty that "Jody" has been driving your car and he reinstalled the hid kit.

It happens!!!
No. Not possible. for several reasons that I will not get into. I hope you dont mean any disrespect by this, but if you do, that is kind of a ****** up thing to say guy.

My wife hates night clubs, we havent gone to one in years. I doubt she would cheat, because she has alot to lose. And she was with 2 of her friends, and MY MOTHER, at the time.

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
J/k about Jody. But that does happen.

Does the ticket say equipment defect or high beams? Could be she high beamed the cop miles back and at te time of the stop she was back on low beams.

·
8th-a-holic
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Like I said, all I can say is what she and the people in the car told me. I am ALMOST convinced its the cops in the area. they see a late model civic with 5% tint at night and automatically think there is something shady going on...what I dont understand, is why the officer said absolutely nothing about the window tint.

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
How is 5% tint and lowered springs "100% stock"

the cop might not care about tint or was being nice and not Issue two tickets.

Doubt the traffic stop was due to driving a civic as it was the time of night. After 12pm the probability of Catching DUI or other criminal activity is higher.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
go to court, respectfully fight the ticket, and it will more than likely be thrown out...no big deal...

cops perform hundreds of stops a night, especially when people are out driving at 2 am... most of the time when performing these petty stops officers find drugs,guns,ect... thats why they do them...

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Bring the letter from Honda saying the car is 100% to court, and most likely it'll get thrown out and/or pay a small court fee. Best of luck!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts