8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2008 Civic a couple weeks ago, and the steering wheel was sticky. It looked like a leather wrap on it so I cut that off (maybe that’s where I went wrong?). Underneath the wheel looks like this. From what I’ve seen, it’s not a normal wheel?

I bought a new wrap, that had good reviews and was supposed to fit this exact model.
I just tried putting it on, and this wheel is too thin, and the wrap doesn’t fit. The seam where it’s supposed be stitched overlaps, and hangs loose if I try stitching it.
Does anyone know why the wheel is like this? And what are my options? Thanks for any help!!

·
Registered
2008 Si Coupe k24a2 swapped
168 Posts
I’m guessing I wasn’t supposed to rip my old leather off too because I had plans on buying wrap as well but maybe look to find some good steering wheel tape or maybe search or message companies or maybe you have to diy and make some adjustments instead of an easy sew...I’m in the same situation as u rn I guess

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m guessing I wasn’t supposed to rip my old leather off too because I had plans on buying wrap as well but maybe look to find some good steering wheel tape or maybe search or message companies or maybe you have to diy and make some adjustments instead of an easy sew...I’m in the same situation as u rn I guess
The tape is actually a great idea! I can maybe thicken the wheel up enough with that to make the cover fit. I thought about cutting the cover to fit but that would be far too much work for a likely subpar result.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.