8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey.
i have a 08 coupe. and when either lock or unlock my doors using the switch, a weird sound happens. it happens whether i use the passenger or driver side switch and sometimes since the driver side door unlocks when i turn the car off, it makes the sound as well.

sorta sounda like a squeek or beep. and im pretty sure its coming from the door handle area. im thinking its the lock mechanism or something.

do you think i should bring it in??
anything will help.

thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
588 Posts
i have an 06 coupe and that actually just started happening to me. doesnt bother anything, i guess that would be your call. right now i have other problems i have them looking into i dont think i want to spend money on something that imo doesnt affect anything

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have a sound when locking and unlocking too. It's not a squeak or a beep. It sounds more like a short with the eletrical connected to the speakers. It's like a popping noise. You can hear it right after the locking.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a sound when locking and unlocking too. It's not a squeak or a beep. It sounds more like a short with the eletrical connected to the speakers. It's like a popping noise. You can hear it right after the locking.
yeah, thats it. some kind of electrical sound. but uhh, yeah, i guess it wont hurt me. guess ill just wait to see if it fails then ill bring it in. hopefully warranty covers that.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Yep, I get it too. I've been told it could be anything from a loose ground or a bad amp. I'm actually relieved to hear others are hearing the same thing. It's probably normal and I've gotten so used to it that I barely think about it anymore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.