8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is a weird question. But would a S/C off an SS cobalt fit a si sedan? I tried looking online and cant find anything. Or i just suck at google. Reason i ask is my roommate owns a ss cobalt an just got his new s/c in so i was going to see if it fit my car lol

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
So this is a weird question. But would a S/C off an SS cobalt fit a si sedan? I tried looking online and cant find anything. Or i just suck at google. Reason i ask is my roommate owns a ss cobalt an just got his new s/c in so i was going to see if it fit my car lol
No.

·
Registered
375 Posts
There are currently only 2 compatible SC kits for our cars. CT-E and JRSC, more will be coming, but they have not been released yet. You can not use any SC from another car except another si

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i figured as much....i just wanted to throw it out there lol

I have the patients to save and get a CT S/C which im going to do. But i sold my 400hp hatch for this si and im already getting power hungry lol

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
There are currently only 2 compatible SC kits for our cars. CT-E and JRSC, more will be coming, but they have not been released yet. You can not use any SC from another car except another si
u cant say that cuz the charger off of the rsx will work with some extra parts you have to order

eventho its the same charger

·
Registered
13,332 Posts
do you know what kind of eaton?

edit: yes, it's an eaton m62, if I'm not mistaken, the same that come with all of our kits, you would have to have the manifold and such, but yes, technically the supercharger would work.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I'm pretty sure the snout on our blower is specific to the Si from what I've read online. Could be wrong, but I'm pretty confident.

·
Registered
149 Posts
if its the same supercharger that comes in the jrsc kit go to mercracing.net they have the intake manifold you would need to put it on and some other stuff, as far as the Snout/nose gear assembly you could order that from jackson racing or comptech as a replacement part id hope, but you would still need to gather the rest of the components from either kit to fully put it together, could be cheaper or more expensive, but if it is the same type eaton and you can order the nose gear assembly from either company it can be done just would take some extra time
Hope this helps

1 - 18 of 18 Posts