8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I like the site and glad that I found it. I have a quick question: I have an 06 Civic LX and I heard a noise on my car like a whine when I turn the wheel left and right. I had it checked at the dealer and they said it was the power steering and replaced it. AFter about 2 months, it came back but this time louder. I took it in again and they replaced an engine belt and it still made the noise. I took it in a third time and the guy said its the power steering pressure and its normal to hear that loud whine. I would like to know if anyone else has any other problems with that and if they were able to get it resolved? Also, where can I find TSB 06-020 without paying for it? Again, thank you very much.

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
is it like a CLUNK? RUB? SQUEK? WOOSH? ...???

can you discribe it better, also a wine is not normal, its a indication that the bearings in the pump are going or gone... or there is incorrect fluid in the system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Until I can get my computer to pick up sound from my camcorder...its a "broom...broom...broom" noise and it is esp. loud when you turn the steering wheel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I might have to trade in my Civic. I like it, but this noise is bothersome. Ill just go back to an accord, more money but much quieter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts