8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's coming from the passenger side wheels. I have NO idea what it is. It's not constant, I started noticing it more when I make turns. I never hear it when I brake, only when I accelerate. It sounds like something's grinding...

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Does it only happen on turns? And about what speed does it happen? I think I have the same problem as u but I haven't figured out what's wrong. The sound for me is coming from rear drivers side.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does it only happen on turns? And about what speed does it happen? I think I have the same problem as u but I haven't figured out what's wrong. The sound for me is coming from rear drivers side.
When I'm in 3rd gear, most of the time. 25-40mph I would say . .

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Sounds exactly like what's happening to me. Any recent work done the car or mods? This problem only happens some times. About a few times everyday but not enough to replicate on command.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds exactly like what's happening to me. Any recent work done the car or mods? This problem only happens some times. About a few times everyday but not enough to replicate on command.
Same here! ..But no, no recent work done that could be causing this. I can't tell exactly if it's coming from the front or the back, I just know that it's on the passenger's side. Do you have any idea what it could be? How long has your car been making the noise?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I don't really know. I took it into the dealership and duplicated once but that wasn't good enough for them. They said it could be my exhaust but I know that's bs. It's been making this sound for about a month now. I was doing some googling since I didn't know what else to do and people say it could be a bad wheel bearing. So I am going to check as soon as I get home from school.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^ mine has only been making the noise for about a week. I also googled, and that's what I got too... Well when you check it out, will you let me know what happens? :)

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
sounds like wheel bearings. is it only in 3rd gear? try to get it to make the sound in another gear; then youll know its not trans related. maybe you can have a friend stand on a curb while you drive by to pinpoint the area, or stick your head out the window :D

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
It's not only in third gear, happens in second also.

Hey Ghost, any updates for you? I actually got rear ended about 2 weeks ago so my car has been at the body shop. Let me know if you find out what was wrong.

·
Registered
7,520 Posts
Mine just started and it's exactly what your describing on the passenger side. More noticeable at highway speeds or cruising 50mph on the streets and after reading I definately believe it's the bearings. Taking mine in tomorrow so I'll update when I can on what they're doing. Luckily I still have 3k till my powertrain warranty goes out

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^^ Same here... Lucky you (for still having warranty!)

Let me know what they tell you tomorrow :)

·
Registered
7,520 Posts
so i just got back from a honda dealership and they said that it's not the wheel bearing going out. they blamed it on my tires saying it's uneven wear but i don't know im going to have another dealership i trust more check it out just for sure. but what the mechanic said that you would know that your wheel bearings went out is when it's free wheeling and you spin it then you should hear a cluncking noise or ticking noise. so goodluck to you guys

1 - 20 of 23 Posts