8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure how to describe it but it's weird. I had a shop install the header and the springs. The header install was fine without problems and we also cut the hanger off right when it goes into the collector, it's a DCRH for reference. The springs were a ***** to install but they seemed to go in without a problem. The clunking noise is only happening when a shift isn't smooth or if i'm at really really low speeds engaging the clutch then disengaging really slowly. It also happens during certain bumps. It really, really sounds like the bumpstops are hitting but it wouldn't make any sense as to why since it's not happening over potholes or anything like that. Also, the springs are Comptech's and I'm really curious if anyone else has had this problem.

·
Registered
710 Posts
thanks for the tip, but it's definitely not that with my car. Noise is coming from the left and it seems to be when the spring or strut compresses when you go over a bump.
It's not a popping noise, more like a clunck or rattle sound.

I suspect the entire damper is defective, but we shall see. I'll find out tomorrow and let you know.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm having the same issue with the clunking noise. This is the second time i'm going to have to go in for the same problem. The dealer said it was a strut the first time. They replaced it with a new one, warranty covers it. I would take it in right now but i cant be without my car the whole day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.