8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately every once in a while I've been having a problem with my break pedal doing some weird things...

for example, my girlfriend lives on a hill and coming down it i hit a bump towards the bottom while I'm easing on the brakes, and then when I hit the bump my brake pedal starts to jerk and act really funny but then it's fine a second later. It's friggin scary though! lol

Anyone have any idea what this could be?!

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
the abs on this car is VERY sensative. i have found that braking over a bumpy road will cause it to engage. this is most likely what you are feeling.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, that's what I thought too, I've just never had it happen with another car so I was kinda scared lol.

Thanks again.:thumb:

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
indeed it happened to me when I almost ended up under a 18wheeler on 295. then the bastard almost ran me off the road because he didn't see me. Wish I had a gun at the time.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Newer (better, more grip) tires cured me of the stuttering ABS for the most part. It now takes a firmer stab at the brakes to get them to engage.

Before, like NIGHTHAWK said, it engages in almost any situation because I guess the wheels would spin so they'd clamp down.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Izzy said:
Newer (better, more grip) tires cured me of the stuttering ABS for the most part. It now takes a firmer stab at the brakes to get them to engage.
Same here, the new tires helped a bunch...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts