8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have an idea of how much a stock battery weigh on the 8th gen si?? i know that most batteries weigh round 40lbs +-... jst wondering cuz im thinkin bout gettin the buddy club battery, weighs only 16lbs.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
does anyone have an idea of how much a stock battery weigh on the 8th gen si?? i know that most batteries weigh round 40lbs +-... jst wondering cuz im thinkin bout gettin the buddy club battery, weighs only 16lbs.
and the 24lbs delta is going to net you wat?

nothing.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I don't think i would swap a light weight battery unless i was building a race/track car or a very high performance occasional driver. 30 lbs or so isn't going to make a big difference in performance and i could find better ways of spending that money.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
and the 24lbs delta is going to net you wat?

nothing.
I don't think i would swap a light weight battery unless i was building a race/track car or a very high performance occasional driver. 30 lbs or so isn't going to make a big difference in performance and i could find better ways of spending that money.
over the long run shaving weight could improve performance. I am pretty much done and i believe i read that the stock battery weighs around 30lbs. from the research i have done on crsx the braille battery we should use is the 11 lb battery. That is around 20lbs saved. Stripping my car shaved 140lbs.another 2- cant hurt. Swap different seats that dont have airbags in them.

It all just depends on what your into. Since comptech wont release another stage for the car i will try to shave some weight. once they release the next stage i will go more boost. Personally i like my airbags in the seats so i will keep them but the 200 battery is not that expensive and its easy to change out. Why not do it.

Different strokes for different folks.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
but its something im interested in.
year and 2 months old.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
It doesnt look that heavy at all dude, maybe 25-30lbs. And dont forget that its got alot of Cold cranking power, and idle time compared to those lightweight racing batteries.
If you got a stereo or hids, then i would be careful in selecting a battery, and not just for its weight.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts