8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys! as from my name ihave NHBP and considering these two aftermarket wheels please give honest opinion
1st choice---MB weapon 17 X 7 (18lbs & lifetime warranty)---134 each
2nd choice wedsport 17X 7.5 (20lbs) -----228 at tirerack

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
The WedSport stickers on the blue part of the wheel will peel off in 6 months. FYI. WedSports are great wheels though. Who makes MB?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cation said:
The WedSport stickers on the blue part of the wheel will peel off in 6 months. FYI. WedSports are great wheels though. Who makes MB?
well thats good because i am not a fan of those blue stickers and MB is motor something decent wheel (light weight) and better looking in my opinion

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Well, Wedssport has a reputation for decent quality. I've never heard of MB wheels or whatever except for TireRack. Good reputation FTW. Pay for quality.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I would go with the MB. I have seen them for sale by discount tire for a long time. If wedsport was really good quality, would the sticker peel off in 6 months?

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
MB wheels have garnered a rep as pretty good track wheels. I'd go for em, esp. since they're so cheap.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
The sticker on my Weds has been there for 2 years. No idea what people do to make it fall off after 6 months.

·
Registered
562 Posts
mannn where were you guys when i had to give those away for free to the stealership when i traded my car in last week.

basically i had no other set of wheels to replace my bronze mb weapon so i had to give those away to the dealership. if i knew you guys wanted them so bad i would have trade rims for rims for freee.
o well its too late now.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I would go with the MB. I have seen them for sale by discount tire for a long time. If wedsport was really good quality, would the sticker peel off in 6 months?
Don't get me wrong-I am considering the MB's also. But why do you assume the MB rims are any type of quality, just because the largest tire distributor in America sells them for a long time? If you read other posts on the MB Weapon rims, I cite one from a WRX site, the bronze paint on the MB rims were chipped by rocks after only 5K miles! Could happen to any rim, but maybe just cheap paint. Epoxy/Polyester Powder coating would be far more durable than the equivilent of Krylon. I'm far more concerned with the paint than a sticker. Stickers can be peeled off or replaced. Paint has to be completely stripped, and recoated.

I do like the price though, but I'd bet the Wedsports are a better rim with race proven heritage, made in Japan. MB's are made by ? for Discount Tire exclusively. Neither are forged, but Wedsport does have forged rim sets for wayyyyy more. Save some money, or spend some money? Get what you pay for?? Usually.

EDIT:

Guess I should read the whole thread. A-spec makes MB, huh, made in Japan also for Americas Tire. Japan! Nice. Maybe there OK then. Can it get any more ironic?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts