8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a lx 2009 civic and it came like this on both sides. The top part is ok but the sides look like something is missing. I see a mold trim is $150-200 yikes. Any after market or how would I fix this and is this a issue if it rains?

Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Hood Windscreen wiper

·
Registered
67 Posts
Have a lx 2009 civic and it came like this on both sides. The top part is ok but the sides look like something is missing. I see a mold trim is $150-200 yikes. Any after market or how would I fix this and is this a issue if it rains?

View attachment 245339
It's not an issue other than it creates a lot of wind noise. Mine has been like that since I got it and I haven't had any leaking

·
Registered
198 Posts
You have to replace the entire trim, and likely most of the plastic clips also. The Trim strips are expensive and shipping is an issue also.

Mine, an '08 Cpe., is the same way, no issues with leaks just looks not right, the original had rubber part that deteriorated over time. Some say it creates wind noise but never saw a before & after sound clip proving that theory, there is so much noise in these cars compared to a new luxury car who would know.

I saw some one advertising som 3M type peel/stick rubber replacement strips, don't remember where, probably ebay or amazon. A crafty/handy individual could maybe, ( I should patent this), cut & modify a wiper blade and find a way to glue it in there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had to replace those on my 07 Civic as they started peeling off, both sides. It's inevitable since the rubber breaks down over time due to the elements. I went to the stealership to replace and paid $306. Based on my records the parts were 73158-SNA-013, 73168-SNA-013, and clips. If you end up DIYing it, let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
There are plenty of 8th gen civic's in U-Pull it junkyards now. I would save yourself money and make a fun day out of it. Typically cars less than 10 years old go to parts salvage operations like LKQ, which then sell the parts used or for insurance repairs to body shops. Cars older than 10 years old go to U-Pull it junkyards. I've gotten plenty of parts for just a couple bucks.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Upullit is a goo doption, the strips are pretty easy to remove and install. but the plastic clips do break easily as they also deteriorate and harden from exposure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts