8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my 07 Si Sedan 2 weeks ago and I just noticed that the inside weather stripping on the right front and back doors are loose! I pushed it back in but it keeps shrinking and ends up coming loose again. I am calling the dealership to see if they will fix it for free. Anyone else have this problem? Not a biggie but still. The guy at the factory must have fallen asleep.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When they replaced it did they do a good job? Like it was straight from the factory? How long did it take?

·
Premium Member
19,670 Posts
When they replaced it did they do a good job? Like it was straight from the factory? How long did it take?
It looks perfect now, i dont know how long the job took cause i was also in for an oil change, tire rotation, and tracking down issues with my drivers seat rocking

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to the dealership to have them look at my weather stripping and they said it is normal for it to shrink to the point that the rubber comes off the metal frame. Wtf? I mean yeah it will shrink but come on! Told them about my 2nd gear problems too (locks me out of 2nd and occasional grinding). They said it is because my car hasn't been broken in yet (it is at 1120 miles already!!!). I did not expect to have this much trouble with a Civic. It is a lot of fun to drive though lol. I'll take pics of the weather stripping later.

·
Registered
303 Posts
i am having the same problem,
front passenger side door weather stripping is loose at
the edge, took it in for the dealer to look at when i changed
my break-in oil, they said it was "normal" too , and told me the stripping
is suppose to just "sit there" , didnt' get it fixed but im sure it is a problem
since i see residue of glue mark or whatever they put on there for the
area that's loose. waiting for those pictures

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Pinch the stripping together where it came off the door. It should grab tighter and not come off.

Mine did that and I pinched the stripping tighter and it hasn't come off since... (yet)

·
Six eyes
5,010 Posts
I went to the dealership to have them look at my weather stripping and they said it is normal for it to shrink to the point that the rubber comes off the metal frame. Wtf? I mean yeah it will shrink but come on! Told them about my 2nd gear problems too (locks me out of 2nd and occasional grinding). They said it is because my car hasn't been broken in yet (it is at 1120 miles already!!!). I did not expect to have this much trouble with a Civic. It is a lot of fun to drive though lol. I'll take pics of the weather stripping later.
That's all bull. Tell them to shut up and fix it. There's absolutely no reason the weather stripping should be coming out. It's actually kind of difficult to install, but as you said, the guy might have been asleep, or a noob :)
And the whole "breaking it in" thing is crap these days. Every car gets an "acid test" performance-wise before it leaves the factory... you don't need to go easy on it when you first get it, and there's no reason that should be used as an excuse for your 2nd gear problems. If the dealership doesn't believe this, tell them to call me at the factory ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry guys. Better late than never. I am in the process of moving out of my apartment and things have been so crazy. Finally got around to taking the pics.

1. Passenger door. Check how the corner weather strip is coming off. It looked worst when I first noticed it. Since then I pushed it in to make it flush. Every now and then I have to keep pushing when I notice the gap is getting wider.

2. Rear right door. Again, when I first noticed the problem it was a lot worst. The problem area is where it curves. Before it was like 1 cm off. I pushed it back in but it keeps coming loose. I tried pinching it with no luck.

Before pushing flush.

After pushing flush. But then the upper portion comes loose.

·
Six eyes
5,010 Posts
^ It looks to me like both of those trim pieces came from the supplier too short, which would explain why they keep pulling away. Make them replace both parts; there's no reason they should be pulling away like that. Good luck!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I went to the dealership I bought the car from and told them about this. They said it was 'normal'. I will try a different dealership and maybe show them the pics I posted as proof.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts