8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed this manifold about two weeks ago and it is great! Love the throttle response and you can hear your throttle much more, it deletes the variable variable valve timing an u can feel it pull a bit more.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
It deletes the variable intake manifold runners, not the valve timing. The i in i-vtec on this car is about how it opens one intake valve a lot less than the other creating a swirl effect inside the combustion chamber increasing low end performance and fuel economy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
did you just put the variable intake solenoid off to the side? and did you still have to plug off one of the vacuum lines? I installed this and im getting a lot of trouble from it. =[

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I zip tied the solenoid to a brak line running right next to the intake system, doesn't cause any rattles or noises and you can't eve see that I did it, and I didn't have to plug off any lines. Idk what I did but I have no problems and no CEL. Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
DO NOT PLUG OFF THE VACCUM LINE. You'll have to get a larger hose for one of them, and connect it to the smaller one and just use a ziptie or a clamp.

As for the Solenoid, you do the bypass and just ziptie it somewhere safe.

·
Registered
43 Posts
so please correct me one more time if i am wrong. Did you guys have 3 vacuum hoses? and did you do a 3 way connector with it? currently a shop plugged one of the lines and connected the other 2. should they all hit the same place? I seriously appreciate the help here guys. you are all awesome for this

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have also been told that for the CEL you can use flashpro to fix it up. this is from multiple sources, however i have not tried it myself

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have also been told that for the CEL you can use flashpro to fix it up. this is from multiple sources, however i have not tried it myself
Hey man pm me your email or something and ill take some pictures Of the vacuum lines and how I have them. And yes flash pro will delete the CEL although I don't have a CEL and don't have flash pro lol idk y but the forum won let me post any pictures it says my data is full

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 20 of 20 Posts