8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here you guys go. This is how much the suspension lowers the car on an LX. I did the install myself and took about 6 hours. The fronts were really easy but the rear was a pant. Time for some pictures...

Might differ in hight from your car because the wheels I have are 17x7.

Stock front and rear:
Front
Rear

During:

after... 3 Months later after it settles.
Front
Rear

Well, I hope you guys enjoy. It rides really bumpy but feels great when I'm trying to trun fast. Well money spent.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Why do you need a spring compressor. The front struts already have the springs mounted and if you follow the instructions provided to the letter the rear springs will just about fall out. As you said the DIY is simple up front and the rear is also simple. Just take your time on the rear. As for the ride, well worth the money and in my opinion a perfect drop.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^For the rear, I couldn't get the spring off. When the hub drops, the spring is still compressed in the rear so I had to use the spring compressor to make it smaller so I can take it off. I probably did it wrong but oh well.

·
Registered
618 Posts
nice drop...I plan on doing this to my lx sedan also...and I like the measuring tape too...I would think the front would have been harder to do...where did you buy your hfp suspension from? how much?

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
You planning to do it yourself? I suggest you go rent a spring compressor. Good luck and let me know if you need anything else.
Don't need spring compressor. For the rear you take those two giant bolts off the arm, then you can push down on the thing as it sags pretty low. They fall right off. Now if you didn't want to unbolt more stuff you could use a spring compressor, but it ends up taking more time.

·
Banned
2,384 Posts
^^For the rear, I couldn't get the spring off. When the hub drops, the spring is still compressed in the rear so I had to use the spring compressor to make it smaller so I can take it off. I probably did it wrong but oh well.
You should be able to lower the rear arm and pull it out. But, If you have the Progress rear sway bar, You can forget about pushing the arm down.

You have to take off the endlink bolt to release the pressure.

·
Registered
23,477 Posts
All you had to do was remove the sway bar bolt so it drops down further. I just installed the HFP kit on my FA5 last weekend.

No need for a spring compressor for HFP kit.

Looks good though!

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Don't need spring compressor. For the rear you take those two giant bolts off the arm, then you can push down on the thing as it sags pretty low. They fall right off. Now if you didn't want to unbolt more stuff you could use a spring compressor, but it ends up taking more time.
I know from the video I watch for the HFP install. I just didn't want to risk something going wrong with that part. Oh well.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.