8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just got back from dropping off the check at my dealership for the car and i noticed they had new si's in the showroom. they had a silver with 18" rims, bodykit, fogs, summertires and probably a couple other things that i didnt notice..without navi by the way, they were charging $33,604 for it!!! :SHOCKED: OMFG they are out of there mind! :banghead: then they had another one, galexy grey w/navi and with 17" hfp wheels and bodykit and tires and they were asking $34k for it! omg!!! Mid 30's for a civic? come on now thats taking it a bit way too far! they said that the bodykit and fogs were $5k and some change! NO WAYYY!!!!!!!!! ohh and they also have a stock one for $21k lol thats the one that i would pick lol :D

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Heh, one of the seriously over-priced Si's here in Vegas finally sold. By whatever happenstance I pulled into a store where that person was parked and spoke with him. He about had a coronary when I told him I got the car for under MSRP.

Mind you, he has every option under the sun...but still paid a $4K premium on top of all the other 'installed' accessories...over $30K for a civic...

Hello?!?! There are other honda dealers to buy from...

·
Registered
445 Posts
Wow. I know there's a big hype for the car, and the dealers are working it. Sucker born every minute. Lot of rich guys out there willing to pay what ever the dealer asks.

·
Registered
168 Posts
In the old days it seems that the dealers could get away with this without anyone the wiser. However in the current day with numerous resources for finding out how much a car is really worth how can it be the persons fault for paying that much? I don't really agree with what the dealer is doing but it is about supply and demand. Some people just really have the hots for a car and don't want to wait. When the S2000 came out it was the same way, $5000-$10,000 over MSRP. Back in 1987 Buick GNX's were being sold for more than double the MSRP price because GM was only making 517. They are now classics but good luck trying to get that money back.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
I say who cares; if someone is dumb enough to buy it at that high of a price then why not sell it that high?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hey Kurt, you're right That's why I think dealers have the price on the sticker which is inflated. Some get lucky and can get a car at or just alittle above dealers invoice.

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
Someone had bought the Si I was gonna get, it was Black, and the guy had took it from me, and he added addons, and the Black Non-Navi cameout to be 29k for the man, I was frustrated, but at the end I got a better one then his.

·
Registered
805 Posts
At one point I know I was willing to pay 2k over invoice and thought I had it all planned out. That was when the dealer pushed the price up another 990 so it was 2990 over msrp. I got pissed and then I told myself I would not pay over msrp. Here I am about a week or two from getting my SI at MSRP..... life is good!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts