8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question: Is it OK to wax the paint on Civics after delivery or should I wait a predetermined period of time? I know that on some new cars it's advisable to wait a month or so. Any thoughts or is this just all crazy talk? :eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
sould be fine , just use a wax or sealent with no abrasive( ie-Not a cleaner wax).Griots garage best of show wax , or klasse all in one are two great choices . Good time to start , don't want water spots , brake dust & crap sticking to the finish!!Don't forget to do the rims to!

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
You can't listen to a dealer when they say wait a month to wax your car. Wait a month, from when? If your car was built in July and it is December. You dont' have to wait. Besides most dealers wax the cars when tey get them, so I've noticed.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Having worked at a body shop for a period of time (in the office not as a body-guy) I can tell you where the wait a month thing comes from. When paint work is done at a shop they tell you to wait a month because the paint is new and not baked. Paint on a new car is heat cured at temperatures that cannot be acheived after the interior has been installed. Plus I agree with CivicEx that the time has probably already elapsed before the car got to you. I waxed mine two days after I got it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Haha, hey well, you know, I dont know. When I got my 06 Civic, they put on the "Paint Sealant" coat. It like reflectives the sunlight and such, you dont have to wax it as much, and its smooooooth
:thumb:

·
Registered
201 Posts
you are right about the month after painting. The paint is still releasing fumes and breathing. I did also notice the ton of swirl marks on the civic, especially around the window frames. Any way of making those disappear?

·
Registered
370 Posts
GeorgiaBoy said:
you are right about the month after painting. The paint is still releasing fumes and breathing. I did also notice the ton of swirl marks on the civic, especially around the window frames. Any way of making those disappear?
Visit here and search and you'll find all the answers you'll ever need about paint care.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts