8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you are going to apply wax to your car what exactly should you do? Do you do the whole car or sections at a time. When you applu the wax how do you take it of....with a microfiber towel?? Please help!!!! Thanks for you time and help.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I always do a section at a time, it depends on the temperature because if you leave it on too long it's harder to take off. So make sure that it does dry out before you remove it, and I just use a clean towel.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Do sections at a time. The hotter it is, the smaller the section should be. I put the was on with a microfiber pad (walmart) and wipe off with a microfiber towel. Then I get another MF towel to finish.

Not that you have to do it like me but I found the best results from this. If you have NHBP I recommend not using a buffer.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Waxes or sealants should be wiped off as per instructions. Some say to wipe off immediately. Others say to let it sit for a while so that it will bond better with the paint. Use a good microfiber towel to wipe the wax off and another one to buff the wiped off section. For most Carnauba waxes, the longer it sits, the harder it is to get off. As VQ Power said, spritz a little quick detailer to get the stubborn residue off.

On my G35, I use a Porter-Cable orbital buffer to polish and to remove wax. However, the paint on that car is quite deep and good. Since my FBP FA5 is so new, I have been reticent to use it on the paint yet. I would speak to Rasky about the use of an orbital machine if you plan to use one.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I usually do the whole car at a time. By the time I finish the last part of the car, the area where I started should be ready to come off.

...and do yourself a favor; I learned the hard way. Use a decent wax! If you're going to put in the work to wax your car, use a good wax! No point doing all the work with some spray on stuff that barely lasts a week.

...and finally, use CLEAN microfiber towels. Remove the wax with one towel, then buff with another towel.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Zaino is Hot

I know there is debates on towels. But here is more to digest. The Zaino products are excellent also. I need to reorder so I can do my civic, but at the time I last used it I owned a black Altima and when I finished it looked great. Check out the testimonial section on their website.

http://www.zainostore.com

Also the is some more great info in the (Tips and Tricks) section. I plan to order soon and will post pictures when finished. :thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts