8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have these weird water spots on the interior of my car. They're on the plastic panels that cover the gauge cluster and speedometer, and I've tried wiping them down with an ammonia free windex but it didn't go away. It almost feels like it's on the inside of the panel but I don't know how a liquid could have gotten back there.
Any ideas on how to get rid of it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm starting to think some of the VLR from Mother's that I was using to wipe down the interior a while back got on there. I'll give your suggestions a try, I was thinking maybe using a Magic Eraser and seeing if that would help at all.

Might be a stupid question but the magic erasers don't have any harmful chemicals for the interior do they?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had the same thing for ever. Im going to try some of these suggestions.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Before you do !!!! OK, I think those spots originated from the windex in the firs place. I noticed it after using invisible glass not realizing i should never use windex on plastic. I think you'd actually have to plastic restore ....

Use clay bar and widow cleaner.
Did you actaully ahve this problem and this worked? Or are you just tossing out ideas? If it did, I'm willing to try.

UPdate: Solved using plastic recovery /polish cleaner. Worked amazing. hard to get the edges though cuz of finger size. Meguiar's Headlight Restoration is what i used, but just the cleaner and a micro. rubbed it good and most spots went away. Im sure i can make it spotless if i tried :) cheers guys. Easy fix, no big deal. no need for new cluster ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
UPdate: Solved using plastic recovery /polish cleaner. Worked amazing. hard to get the edges though cuz of finger size. Meguiar's Headlight Restoration is what i used, but just the cleaner and a micro. rubbed it good and most spots went away. Im sure i can make it spotless if i tried :) cheers guys. Easy fix, no big deal. no need for new cluster ;)
Thanks for the help; regular polish worked for me.

I was really getting convinced that the watermarks where on the inside of the plastic...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts