8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I live in Oahu, where there seems to be alot of deposits in the water.

I have a ridiculous time trying to get water spots off my paint and windshield. After my car got hit with a sprinkler and sat in the sun for 1-day I tried using Quik Detailer, but it didn't do anything to the paint or windshield.

Next I tried 5% distilled vinigar, with no results. Finally I used Polishing compound on my windshield, which after some buffing by hand removed the water spots.

I still haven't figured out what to do on my hood, as the vinegar didn't work and I don't want to use polishing compound on the paint.

Is there anything else I should be doing? It dosen't seem like water spots should be this hard to get out. Other people I've talked to say it's kind of normal in HI.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
yes, claybar and QD.

afterwards, try some Prima Hydro on not only your paint, but also on your glass.
it's a spray-on type wax but lasts longer than most off-the-shelf waxes.
just use it while you dry your car.

www.detailersparadise.com search Hydro and also get a waffle weave
MF towel. wash the towel before use.

·
Registered
308 Posts
You don't need to use abrasive compounds. You can use a chemical polisher, such as Klasse All-In-One, to remove water spots. But only if they're been there for a short time. Water spots left untreated will permanently etch your clearcoat, requiring light abrasives to remove.

It's a little expensive, but you can buy an in-line filter for your hose. This will extract calcium and other minerals, so that you can even let the water evaporate off the car after a wash. No water spots! I've been considering one but I'm not sure if it's worth the money. I've used the Mr. Clean AutoDry (which is the same concept), and it worked quite poorly. Still had water spots.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
You live in Hawaii and you don't post in the Hawaii section? LOL

But anyways you should try MX-7 to remove the waterspots. But for windows or windshields use steel wool.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts