8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I opened up the door panel the other day to tool around with the speaker, and noticed it was damp behind it in the bottom of the door panel. Kinda worried me but, the speaker and wires weren't damp and weren't damaged at all after 5-6 months after install.:shrug:

·
Registered
389 Posts
It really shouldn't be a problem since car speakers should be able to handle the environment in a door. I've never had a problem at least.

You could pick something like these up:
XTC 6-1/2" Speaker Baffles Protect your speakers at Crutchfield.com

Cut off the bottom part allowing the speakers to perform properly, but keep enough on top to create a little roof protecting it from water directly splashing on it.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
It really shouldn't be a problem since car speakers should be able to handle the environment in a door. I've never had a problem at least.

Cut off the bottom part allowing the speakers to perform properly, but keep enough on top to create a little roof protecting it from water directly splashing on it.

Good luck.
for $20 I might just have to try these out, thanks for the link!

·
Registered
28,275 Posts
How is water hitting the front speakers?

Certainly cannot be the tweeters. And if you mean the door speakers...why is the window open in the rain? :giggle:

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
How is water hitting the front speakers?

Certainly cannot be the tweeters. And if you mean the door speakers...why is the window open in the rain? :giggle:
Very angly, like it was a step child!

I have no idea if watter is in my doors or not but $20 for less vibrating and somewhat of a chamber, especially dust and moister proof I'm sold!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Good luck.

have you try these?....i read they kill the sound coming from the speakers......NO bass

1 - 9 of 9 Posts