8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got my Magnaflow catback installed this past weekend and noticed a puddle underneath the car this morning. I think it's at the end of the axleback where there is a clamp to the midpipe? Is this normal or does this mean it isn't tight enough? tia.

*edit* Just wanted to clarify that the water is dripping from where the axleback meets the midpipe...underneath the car. I'm aware that water dripping from the tailpipe is normal.

·
Registered
18,914 Posts
well water coming out of heh exhaust tip is normal. i see it all the tiem on different types of cars.

however the fact that its coming of of where there is a clamp, means that you have an exhaust leak. if water can come out, air can leak out.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Water is coming out of the tip as well as underneath the car...so to fix the leak just tighten the clamp? Can't believe I paid to get it installed and it's not done right.

·
Registered
18,914 Posts
Water is coming out of the tip as well as underneath the car...so to fix the leak just tighten the clamp? Can't believe I paid to get it installed and it's not done right.
probly.
but why not just take it to teh shop that installed it and ask them to do it?
could be tightening a blt, or it could be that it needs a gasket. wont know until you try.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Because the shop isn't very close and they said it is normal because slip fit exhausts don't always fit as tightly as bolt-ons. Guess I'll have to do it myself. Thanks.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks but as mentioned it can't be good to have a leak right? Now that I think about it, my exhaust sounds very deep. Almost sounds like running without an exhaust with just the cat. Of course not as loud.

·
Banned
306 Posts
It's because when the car run's at stoichiometry (A/F @ 14.7:1) water vapor is produced. It collects in the exhaust and condenses, and drips out of your tailpipe. Completely normal and ensure's that your car is running correctly.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi...I'm not worried about the water dripping out of the tailpipe. It is dripping from underneath the car where the axleback meets the midpipe...there is a clamp there. I was listening this morning and I can hear a sizzling sound from where the water is dripping. Will try to tighten up the bolt when I have time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts