8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, when I was driving home, I was awaiting for my odometer to read 1000 miles. Little did I know, I was driving towards a horrible storm. Just as the K20A reached 1000 miles, HEAVY rain started coming down, with the wind blowing WILDLY towards the left. I felt the Si being pushed towards the left with so much force that if I were to stand out there, I swear I could have flown. Anyways, after driving 30 mph on a 70 mph highway for approximatly 10 minutes, hail started to fall for the next 5 minutes. During those 5 minutes, I watched my beautiful, just cleaned Civic get destroyed. Besides that, I took the Si swimming thru lots of water. Finally, I got home and in the garage. As I shut the garage door behind me, the rain had stopped. I looked around the car, and I feel that I have lot's of fixing to do since the war has taken a lot of toll on my Si. :eek:hnoes:

It was the worse driving I have ever experience. Even snow driving wasn't as bad. Maybe it's because I had to sit through all the damage. :eek:mg:

·
idgaf
6,953 Posts
Do you have full coverage insurance? if theres alot of hail damage, claim it. If there's not that much, bring it to some body shop for paintless dent removals. Any pics?

btw check out the regional midwest forums for meets, what city are you in?

·
Banned
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was driving from Eden Prarie after watching Rush Hour 3 (Funny:thumb: ) towards my house down south past Lakeville.

I have some dents on the hood, top, and some on the trunk top. I have full coverage with (500 deductable). The funny thing is, I always have had $250 deductable, but this time, I put $500 deductable because I wanted to save some money. :eek:mg:

Man, wonder how much it's going to cost.

I'll try to get some pictures.

·
idgaf
6,953 Posts
the storm from last night was nasty, around 3:30am all thundering, hailing, wind gusts, lighting non stop

·
Banned
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Exeon said:
the storm from last night was nasty, around 3:30am all thundering, hailing, wind gusts, lighting non stop
Tell me about it. It was so dark too! I felt as if Mother Nature was out to get me. It was pretty clear and sunny when I washed my car today, but it started to get real bad. Plus, it stopped after the car was inside the garage.

I was expecting to cry when I was about to examine the Civic, but I didn't. I just said naughty things towards the sky.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
Man, after a hailstorm hit Ft. Worth some 12 years ago (the mayfest storm) I've known the damage that hail can produce. This storm had softball sized hail and it hit a local chain of dealerships, the carnage was insane. Out of the (guessing) 400-500 vehicles that I saw not a single one had a window left, the cars were solid dents and instead of having them fixed they just sold them dirt cheap and took the hit.

Oh, and you have a k20z3, unless you're in an ep3.. then you have a k20a3. That 3 is a really important number in this case, because the k20a is a beast while the k20a3 is nice if you want tq, but has a waaaay lower stock hp.

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
Thank god it wasnt a Tornado. For a second when I read you could of sworn you coulda flew, I thought it was a Tornado you were going through.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Sorry to hear that. The storm came through around 3:30 a.m. The lightning and thunder were ferocious, the winds were incredible and the rain torrential. It was a terrible storm. I can't imagine having to drive through it.
I heard the hail and some told me it was golf ball sized. Maybe your insurance will total your car so that you can get a new one. After all, you only have 1,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
MarinoKouch said:
I was driving from Eden Prarie after watching Rush Hour 3 (Funny:thumb: ) towards my house down south past Lakeville.

I have some dents on the hood, top, and some on the trunk top. I have full coverage with (500 deductable). The funny thing is, I always have had $250 deductable, but this time, I put $500 deductable because I wanted to save some money. :eek:mg:

Count the dents on each panel. size them Dime, Nickel, Quarter.

Email this info to [email protected]
I'll write you an estimate and email it back.
Your Insurance company will want to PDR this. This is standard, just make sure who ever does it, drills a few holes as possible and they are treated for rust not just plugged.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
For the hail. Stop your car. It won't prevent anything, but it'll reduce the amount of damage. You're adding 30-50mph of force against the hail.

·
Registered
500 Posts
MarinoKouch said:

I also had a $500 deductable, but since my insurance company said it was comprehensive coverage cause it was mother natures fault only had to pay $50. I also hit a bad hail storm months back and did a little over 4g of damage.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts