8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
wow that WAS awful! LOL!

You should NEVER spray water like that. I just use my damp MF rag to wipe the door jams and inside of my car after i've done the rest of the exterior and outside. Man he sucks ass!

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
Forgive me, but I don't get it. :confused:

I'm under the impression that the interior is going to be fully detailed later on (by what he said), which means that a little water will have absolutely no negative effect on the end result of it. I mean, it's not like he completely soaked the dash or anything, just a little water right in the floors. I've seen detailers do that before at a local detail joint..

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
yea i'm with firm.. the methods he used seem to put minimal water on the interior and he stressed several times that he would be cleaning the interior as well so who cares?? it's a car.. idc if it's a 500k car or not.. still a car

·
Registered
761 Posts
Well first he was going to clean the itnerior "later" after he says "lightly spray" but contineus to friggin soak the ****. SO who knows how much time has passed when the itnerior begins and what the hell hes getting water on inside+mold growth haha. Second what the hell is the deal with the "chemicals" Just grabs your wd4 and what ever the hell he said mix em up and spray em on??

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
What worries me is that he said you can use 409 for the job he was doing. 409 is awesome for cleaning showers/stovetops/etc.; but I wouldn't spray that stuff on my car's paintjob. They make other car washing solutions for a reason...

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
Well first he was going to clean the itnerior "later" after he says "lightly spray" but contineus to friggin soak the ****. SO who knows how much time has passed when the itnerior begins and what the hell hes getting water on inside+mold growth haha. Second what the hell is the deal with the "chemicals" Just grabs your wd4 and what ever the hell he said mix em up and spray em on??
Still, it's hardly any more water than if you were steam cleaning it and he used a wet/dry vac to suck up the water later on.

I don't see a problem.

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
lol what an idiot. Who makes a detail video and says "...some chemicals... 409, fantastic, something like that is what we are going to use". Aren't the products used a VERY important part of cleaning/detailing a car? Also, how do you call yourself an auto detailer when your using HOUSEHOLD cleaning supplies to clean the car?

"Hi this is John Smith of idiot auto detailing. Today I'm going to show you how to remove oxidation from your paint using comet cleaner or any other random product you have under your kitchen sink. That's right folks, I've been in the business for 25 years..."

I'm not as hung up on where he's spraying water although I'm with everyone else in that I would NOT spray water in the general direction of my car with any part of it open (hood, doors, trunk, windows...). That's just ridiculous. My take: This guy is a quack. You don't use random household cleaners on your car. The car care companies have spent tons of time and money researching and developing the products they make. If it were as easy as reaching under the kitchen sink and using whatever bottle you find with the word "cleaner" on it, Meguiars, Mothers, Zaino, etc. would not be in business.
His products, method, technique, and delivery are all crappy. Good example of what kind of idiots there are out there who call themselves "professionals"

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
Haven't watched it yet, but here's from later in the series:

Car Detailing - Seats and Carpets - MonkeySee
Only watched the beginning of this one but he almost got me. He was actually using Meguiars leather cleaner but follows it up with "...you can use any major brand, they're all the same".

I've been detailing my car for about 4 years now and I know tha they're certainly not all the same. That is a very ignorant comment. Under that theory all major brand waxes are the same too... I'm sure that's in a different video.

Edit:

Yes, he does in this one

How to Wax a Car - MonkeySee

says all of the major brands are the same. Uses a rag to wax. I would like RASKY to watch this video and let us know what he thinks of the professionals do it.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
Well, you also have to take into consideration that he's not catering to professional detailers, he's catering to the people that are completely new to the idea of detailing. His goal is to just teach people how to detail their cars without spending a grip, and I think that he succeeds at that.

Just my .02 of course

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
Well, you also have to take into consideration that he's not catering to professional detailers, he's catering to the people that are completely new to the idea of detailing. His goal is to just teach people how to detail their cars without spending a grip, and I think that he succeeds at that.

Just my .02 of course
yes, but it's incorrect and may actually cause more harm than good. I can call myself a professional and put a youtube video out that says "How to detail your car and not spend a dime" and tell people to use dishwashing soap and an old T-shirt to clean their car then to rub a candle on their car for paint protection. Doesn't mean it's right... It's effective at being cheap and it will probably look OK (after the wash, not after the candle of course lol) but it's not good for the cars paint.

The fact that his target audience is "new" detailers puts even more emphasis on the point that his products/techniques should be better. It's very irresponsible of this company to put up a video listing their credentials (no doubt to sell the idea that they know what they're doing) and then go about telling a noob who knows no better the wrong way to detail a car.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts