8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if theres already a thread about this but i tried searching and found no relevant results. After asking countless FG owners, i have had no luck.

Wat the hell are these little triangle things on my window/door frame and what purpose do they serve? I'm pretty sure they're only found on coupes :think:

please excuse my dirty car :sadbanana:

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm...TBH i dont think they can really provide any type of support. esp for a roof rack

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sport rack i think
wait maybe im wrong lol funny place for the sport rack
im like 80% certain roof rack
:rotfl: is that ur final answer?

i believe their supposed to help prevent thieves from trying to get your window off track.....
i don't really see how it could prevent that. they're too small and don't really impede your work if you're trying to pry a window open( i would think )...if this is true then how come the sedans don't have them?

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i'm 100% sure.......if that helps....lol
thats interesting. i feel like that can't really stop someone but so far it seems like the most logical answer. but my question then is, why does it only come on the coupes? are the sedans window so different to the point where they don't need them?

·
Banned
3,392 Posts
If you pull it out you'll see that it's a metal clip that goes between the weatherstripping for the glass and the door frame. I guess it's there to hold the weatherstripping on so it doesnt just come apart when the window gets moving (prying window out) and it's not on the sedan because the coupe window is like 50% larger than the sedan one.

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
thats interesting. i feel like that can't really stop someone but so far it seems like the most logical answer. but my question then is, why does it only come on the coupes? are the sedans window so different to the point where they don't need them?
i'm not saying their full proof or anything. but they probably would make the difference between a average person trying to get inside their car after locking their keys in and the AAA guy. assuming they both tried to get in through the window without breaking it.
not sure how they decide on which cars they put them either.....

·
Registered
130 Posts
i think there's a thread around here somewhere about this and i think the final consensus was that they were to keep the window from falling off track when rolling up at higher speeds because the difference of pressure between the inside of the car and the outside of the car causes the windows to bulge outwards a little bit.

i could be wrong though.....

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.