8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don’t know if I’m going crazy or what, but I’ve gone through basically 2 jugs of washer fluid in the time I usually go through one. This is a rough estimate of course.

And yes people in general use more washer fluid during wintertime, but I’m one of those people that spray my windshield twice a day, regardless of cleanliness.

I’ve gone through 3 jugs during the course of this little test and I definitely think its being used up faster. When I installed my fogs, I remember needing to remove the washer reservoir and reinstall it. I did so properly and made sure when I installed the fogs, according to the instructions.

Has anyone ever had an issue like this? Or maybe some pointers on where to start? I did pour in a new jug, and there was no puddle under the car when I checked 10 minutes later.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Please check the hoses from the pump to the nozzles for any leaks. In this case the water would leak only when you are trying to spray and will not cause any puddles under the car. And if you wash your windshield while driving you'll never notice the leak under the bonnet.

There will be a puddle under the car only if there is a leak in the water filler hose or the container itself.

Sent using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
The leak is one of the issues actually, I am also leaking what seems like transmission fluid, my pano roof can't open anymore (had to remove the cable), my CD is done (and removed); I need to change the broken fog lenses, my air conditioner goes straight to my feet while the heat prefers to heat me straight in the face, my paint has small cracks showing all over (mostly in the front) and on top of it all I have been steadily losing power on acceleration (how would you like to be left in the dust by an old Hundai man (no offense)? at least I think it was a Hundai). Yeah I've got issues man and the leaking windshield fluid is just one of them, I just needed to start somewhere. I am leaving out the ones that I've already dealt with some of which you mentioned in your piece. Again thanx for all the rest of you who want to help me solve this issue, this leak can hide but I am gonna find it.

Lucky Patcher 9Apps VidMate

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
nateboussad
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing