8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Nice pics. It's kinda funny how most of them are of the interior while the thread title talks up your adventures in cleaning the exterior.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha you're right sorry about that...I washed it outside then brought it in to wax it and there was no room in the front or back...ill take it out tomorrow and add more pics to this:thumb:

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
THis may be a retarded question, but I've never really waxed a car before. Can you wax the plastic parts like the front/back bumpers, and the mirrors? And what about the i vtec sticker, just wax around them? Any help would be great.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^With the i-vtec sticker I just wax over it but I be carefull around the edges becasue wax can get stuck in there...It said on my wax don't use on plastics...like the black trim around the windows but yeah you can use it on bumpers and mirrors

·
Registered
141 Posts
I might add....that if you get the Meguires Clay kit and do that prior to the NXT...The results are simply amazing...smoooooooth as glass! :thumb:

NOTE: must have good back and about 1.5 to 3 hours depending on how young you are. :redface:

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
mattsbobo said:
THis may be a retarded question, but I've never really waxed a car before. Can you wax the plastic parts like the front/back bumpers, and the mirrors? And what about the i vtec sticker, just wax around them? Any help would be great.
I'm local. you know this. I'm in the process of acquiring clients for my side detailing/paint polishing business. Let me know if you need any type of help or have any questions.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha yea i should have done that before the pics^...I read the clay bar turital but it says it can ruin your finish if done in correcty...If I just use tons of lubebricant I have nothing to worry about right?

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Asif22 said:
haha yea i should have done that before the pics^...I read the clay bar turital but it says it can ruin your finish if done in correcty...If I just use tons of lubebricant I have nothing to worry about right?
yeah man, you dont have to overkill it...Just make sure you have lubricant completely over the area your doing. :thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts