8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i was wondering if instead of buying a carbon fiber hood, just use one of the hoods out of a Night hawk black pearl civics, since the concep civic Si was silver and had a black hood and it look nice..

I think this should look good on a white civic and many of the civic colors.

And am thinking it should look good on GG, and also the black overlay roof and black part for the HFP.

Has anyone done this?

Here is a picture

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I don't think it would look good on GG. The grey is really metallic and the black is more pearlescent

a stock hood costs $275 on hondapartsdeals.com

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gadalla said:
I don't think it would look good on GG. The grey is really metallic and the black is more pearlescent

a stock hood costs $275 on hondapartsdeals.com
Yea but am sure there are many people with hoods they don't need, those with black cars and carbon fiber hoods(will be much cheaper then $275), am sure it will look nice but will have to try it first.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is not my civic but it is a GG, i have it save on my pictures because i love his headlights. I hope the owner does not get mad at me posting his car picture, but thats it the only picture of a GG on a perfect angle that i have.

Can someone photoshop this with a NHBP civic hood?

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RANGERSi07 said:
IDK how much does a painted hood go for...$350?...lol make a bid
LOL your are funny.. if i thought of this was to make it cheaper then a carbon fiber hood... i was thinking more like $150 lol...

·
Quail Man!
28,296 Posts
lol i was thinking of buying someones hood that got a CF hood. its asm also but i was gonna paint it flat black lol..just play with it really..maybe put in a hoodscoop haha depends on how much he wants for it though lol. but i think the NHBP hood would look good..it is pearlescent..but its also got some metallic in it. i was thinkin about getting the black door handles and lip spoiler but never got around to it. and i think you asked what the hfp kit would look like..heres some photoshops i was thinking about doing..

im looking for the one that i had photoshopped with the HFP kit but cant find it right now..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts