8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I'm just boasting on Honda. Maybe I haven't driven enough other vehicles. Who knows. But I wanted to get some thoughts from the group on this 8th gen Civic Si.

I have a 2007 GGM FA5 with 130k on it now, and I still just will not give it up. I take it to work every day and definitely sit in some traffic, but hitting the backroads on the way home is still as much of a blast as they were 50,000 miles ago. It's stylish, reliable, peppy, tight and responsive, has so much soul, a great interior quality, and its affordable. Yes it has some gear problems (2nd gear anyone), paint quality issues, noisy on the highway etc. but I can't help but wonder.. has anyone else driven a car like this before that is so versatile and fun? Do the newer Si's compare?

I wanted to get opinions from others who share a love for this car because chances are, our tastes will be very similar! Some day unfortunately I'll need a newer younger vehicle... it's sad that there are only a few of these left out there with less than 60k miles!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was on this forum about 10 years ago when I bought my 09 TW Fa5. Absolutely loved that car and the community on here and as well as the 8th community in NC. Sold the Si got an 09 GTI great car but mehhh, then got a Tundra ( truck life..) and about 2 years ago I had been blessed with opportunity to get another 8th gen for a great deal and picked up an Fg2 from a former member on here. Both of the Civics have been my favorite cars by far.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm thinking the sedan would have been a better choice for me, but I am not unhappy with the FG2. I'm 40 now, so getting in and out of the car are my only complaints. When I get into my wife's Prius, I'm shocked at how much higher you sit in that car...but before owning the Civic, it seemed pretty low.

I do enjoy commuting in this car...it's just too bad my commute is only 5 miles.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You covered most of it, the car has everything for an enthusiast wanting a fun and affordable daily. It's not fast, but it has a relatively high level of driver involvement keeps things interesting. VTEC still hasn't gotten old. And the LSD, coupled with some good tires and relatively quick steering, makes throwing the car into a corner very fun. Noise has never bothered me before, but I'm really starting to noticed how much noise gets transmitted through the engine bay. That's my only real complaint, but I understand it.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I bought a 2014 SI after owning an 06 SI that I put 316k on with a bunch of mods until its doom. Missed the 8th Gen - 9th is fine just not as exciting. Bought an 09 SI and am happy to have it in the stable. Engaging is a good description. May be not crazy fast but engaging. Driving experience. The rev's, the ****pit feel, the wheelbase dimensions, it is a good combo.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Maybe I'm just boasting on Honda. Maybe I haven't driven enough other vehicles. Who knows. But I wanted to get some thoughts from the group on this 8th gen Civic Si.

I have a 2007 GGM FA5 with 130k on it now, and I still just will not give it up. I take it to work every day and definitely sit in some traffic, but hitting the backroads on the way home is still as much of a blast as they were 50,000 miles ago. It's stylish, reliable, peppy, tight and responsive, has so much soul, a great interior quality, and its affordable. Yes it has some gear problems (2nd gear anyone), paint quality issues, noisy on the highway etc. but I can't help but wonder.. has anyone else driven a car like this before that is so versatile and fun? Do the newer Si's compare?

I wanted to get opinions from others who share a love for this car because chances are, our tastes will be very similar! Some day unfortunately I'll need a newer younger vehicle... it's sad that there are only a few of these left out there with less than 60k miles!
Soon as the 9th gen came out, and it sucked, I was like ah well that's fine, I like my 8th gen anyway, so I won't be tempted now. Then the 10th gen came like oh this is gonna be my next car probably... Oh what's that, it looks like **** and still isn't really much faster? VTEC is gone?! So I'm waiting on 11th gen now, which if it doesn't bring a serious punch, I'm ditching Honda altogether I guess. This sucks.

I agree with your post 8300%

1 - 6 of 6 Posts