1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a question on Honda warranty

I have a 09 FA5 that I purchased August 2009
On my hood, i have two spots where paint came off and have rust on it

I just have no clue what warranty covers on paint, can anyone direct me to right answers?

Thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
I don't think its covered under warranty since they will say it was caused by a road hazard. Although I've heard of people who complained enough and got their front bumper and hood repainted.

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
They will send you on your merry way saying that it's "Normal wear & tear". Now if your hood were to have crows feet then demand for a repaint.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Other than the crows feet, do they cover paint defects? I have an area above my passenger side tail light that has some exposed metal. Granted I haven't had the time to take the car in, but I was wondering what my odds are. What if I bring it in and they decide to just touch it up with paint? Should I just be happy that they even did something? Or on the off chance they decide to repaint that portion of the car, is this a good idea? I've had a car repainted in the past, but the paint was so thin that rock chips exposed the primer.

The car is an 09 SI with less than 10k miles.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
If the paint was actually fade, you can probably get them to fix it. But if the paint was chipped and rust, they'll use the road hazard excuse.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
If Honda covered paint chips under warranty they wouldnt be able to hire enough people to paint the amount of cars coming in.

·
Registered
809 Posts
If Honda covered paint chips under warranty they wouldnt be able to hire enough people to paint the amount of cars coming in.
With you on that one. Owned my car for 10 months now, 51k on car. 09 SI, leased to own brand new. Let me tell ya, far away, wouldnt see much, up close, chip city. front bumber and hood are so chipped, you would think the car was painted white underneith. I have to wax, and polish car every 2 weeks.

first two weeks, nu finish, next two weeks, Mothers stage 3 wax. Dam expensive wax, but the results are worth it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
honda dose not stand behind there paint. my neighbors sis clear coat was peeling off and they did nothing. same with his 3rd gear. same with his airbag lights. go figure

·
Registered
347 Posts
honda dose not stand behind there paint. my neighbors sis clear coat was peeling off and they did nothing. same with his 3rd gear. same with his airbag lights. go figure
I guess its all based on what your dealer is like. Mine was more then willing to repaint my car when the clear coat peeled but then again its under 1 year old and had less than 10k on the clock. It sounds like your neighbor either pissed off the dealer, or the dealer sucks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts