8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the dillio

I was at work today, doing what I do best: being good at everything I do. (haha jk)

and it came time to cut a block of cheddar cheese. (I work in a cafeteria) I cut it with the newly sharpened knife. Meh, this is CAKE.

Anyways, I gotta wash the knife so I run it under hot water for a few seconds and take a single sheet of towel to dry it.

God damn. cheddar cheese sticks pretty well on the knife.. Rub harder and... you guessed it: Sliced.

I panic, hold my finger or whats left of it and run it under cold water to numb the horrendous pain. My mom runs to the scene and tells me to dry it and place a bandage on it. No biggie, so I raise my finger off of the cut and there it is... the biggest piece of hanging skin I've ever seen in my effing life.

she puts the bandage on and my middle finger, my one good flipper to those idiot drivers on the road is hurt, throbbing like a son of a b**ch.

I get dizzy, I have never seen so many stars in my life - Beautiful white stars. there were so many it made me sleepy, tired and weak. I fall, like the leaves on an autumn day, but some one is there to catch me. Who knows who it was, my mom? my sister? somebody. Thanks for saving my life.

I wake to see a bunch of people gathered, still seeing the stars but they're going away. "NOOO" I cried, having not been able to make a wish yet, I had my finger to worry about. I should have wished for my finger to be OK.

Next thing I know, I'm in the ambulance headed to the hospital. I end up in a room where a young doctor lady meets me, I think shes in training. Tells me I need stitches. I hate needles, I hate stitches.. I said "Is there any other way doc? can I survive without 'em?"

"well, you don't need em. (shes giving me attitude at this point, and I don't know why. I have a sliced finger you douchebag) but I guess we can just bandage it up and be on your way"

A sigh of relief swept over me. Do you know what it feels like to know that you don't need to get string and needles in your finger? amazing. She leaves and brings the senior doctor in. He lectures me on not wanting stitches.

That dumb student doctor that I once thought was pretty hot went and effing told on me for not wanting them. wtfbbq? GOD DAMN ALL YA'LL, fine I'll take the damn stitches.

I'll cut the crap here.. I have 5 stitches in my flipper, 3 more than the ambulance ***** told me that I'd need. Not only is this the bad news, but they decided to use stitches that I need to go back and take out in 7-10 days. Why not use dissolvable stitches?

Anyways, thats my day. Hope you didn't scroll down too far if you were scared. But if you did, you can see what I just went through.

Have a nice day.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w35/hoangur/1-2.jpg

·
Registered
981 Posts
Meh, a mere flesh wound.

Come back to me when you have dislodged a stone about 3/4 of an inch in diameter from behind your kneecap... that's fun, I'll tell you!

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its nothing big, I'll admit.

personally though, this is the biggest injury I've ever had in my life. Pretty awful

I couldn't imagine what you went through though haha

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
CUPRA said:
Meh, a mere flesh wound.

Come back to me when you have dislodged a stone about 3/4 of an inch in diameter from behind your kneecap... that's fun, I'll tell you!
i wanna see that. ouch looks like you will be paying more attention next time. lol

·
Registered
412 Posts
Happened to me except on a deli slicer. I lost the piece of my finger but it grew back in a few months. I was more pissed than I was in shock in all actuality.

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AbstraKt said:
Happened to me except on a deli slicer. I lost the piece of my finger but it grew back in a few months. I was more pissed than I was in shock in all actuality.
I can imagine haha
it sucks pretty bad

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
pretty small. i imagines it bigger. but if it made you passed out it must have been painful someway! good luck removing the stiches.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I literally cut the end of my middle finger off at that last joint. Slammed it in a door. It was literally hanging by a piece of skin. Went right through the bone and everything. It looks all healed not cept messed up on the end of it. But i had a 30% chance of keeping the tip of it and it actually healed good! Thank GOD i had an experienced doctor operate on me.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I hate to say this, and I'm not trying to flame but suck it up. I've had far worse encounters and what have I learned from them? Listen to the doctor, they went to med school for a reason while you work in a cafeteria (aka, she wouldn't know **** about cooking like you do, but you don't know much about medicine.) Stitches aren't bad.

Nevertheless, heal up bro and get back to using that finger on the road, reprezent 8th gen.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
WOSR501 said:
I hate to say this, and I'm not trying to flame but suck it up. I've had far worse encounters and what have I learned from them? Listen to the doctor, they went to med school for a reason while you work in a cafeteria (aka, she wouldn't know **** about cooking like you do, but you don't know much about medicine.) Stitches aren't bad.

Nevertheless, heal up bro and get back to using that finger on the road, reprezent 8th gen.
:claps:

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WOSR501 said:

I'm in no way complaining.
I admit I hate stitches and needles.

BUT, the first doctor said I wouldn't need them, they could clean it up and bandage it up and be on my way. I would assume then, that I had a choice. Apparently not haha

but thanks everyone. It's not the biggest, like I said before.. but it was pretty bad. I'm not sure what it was, I'm usually good with looking at cuts and blood, but I guess since this was the biggest one I've had, it shocked me a bit. :xyxnervou

·
Registered
981 Posts
drfters13 said:
i wanna see that. ouch looks like you will be paying more attention next time. lol
Heh, I was about 8 at the time... I lived... I have a fleshy mound of scar tissue to this day from where it punctured my skin and lodged behind my kneecap tho.

·
Premium Member
41,908 Posts

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
one of my friends chipped of the tip of his finger with a hatched while chopping wood when we were camping a while back.. he was around 12 or 13.. that was pretty sick

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 46 Posts