8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after a year we have finally been able to sell my late mothers '05 mustang. What this means is that my civic finally gets to go into the heated garage!!! I live with my father and brother and out driveway can really only fit 2 cars, and b/c we live in a village there are laws prohibiting you from parking on the street overnight. So every night we have had to pull our three cars in (corolla, civic, and cayenne) right to eachothers bumpers and still have the cayenne stick out onto the sidewalk. Now just in time for winter we can finally spread out and my civic will be able to enjoy the nice warm garage throughout the rough new york winter.

So how many of you have a nice garage to put your civic in?

(and you if you're wondering why the porsche doesn't get the garage its b/c its a little too big and my dad is kinda weird about always being the first car out)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a garage, but my truck stays in it because it is a 1 car garage and the civic is the daily driver, so it would be a pain to park the civic in the garage and then have to move the truck out of the driveway every morning to get it out.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
what part of NY you live in? just a recomendation, turn off the heat in teh garage after the first snowfall. the salt/sand mixture they use on the roads is very bad for your car, and the constant temp. changes when the car sits in the heated garage makes it worse.

but i have a garage for my car...heated or not, its the greatest.:thumb:

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
my civic sits on the driveway 24/7. never been garaged as it's my dd.

problem with the civic is when temps go 0F and under in the winter.
the battery craps out. i couldn't believe it. honda gave us **** batteries.

my garage is already occupied by my hobby cars. i have an optima yellow
spare so i might run that this winter on the civic.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
dont have a garage, so my car is constantly outside.. will be able to have it garaged one day a week when i go to my dads house but thats about it.

i wish i had one though, would be nice!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts