8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Greddy EVO2 catback exhaust on my car. Everything was great. It was barely louder than stock, until I really hit the gas. Then I installed the DCRH. I liked it for a while, largely because of the power gain. After getting over it, I really started to dislike the sound. It was way too loud in winter, at cold start ups, in parking garages, while having conversations with people with the radio completely off. It's one thing to drive a honda, another to drive a civic, but the stigma that is attached to these things combined with the fact that my car was in fact loud and raspy was too much. Add to this, the EVO2 has a huge 4" tip on it. After talking to a friend, he told me I should either add a resonator or add a high flow cat. Instead, I just installed my stock catback. Its definitely much quieter. An improvement. However, the greddy catback wasnt the problem, and the raspy sound is still worse and possible worse as the added flow of the header is now hitting small stock piping and an exhaust system tuned for much less flow. Does anyone have any thoughts for what I should do?
I could weld in a magnaflow HFC, but how much power will I lose? Will this cut down on the rasp specifically? What about overall loudness?
I don't really want to get rid of the Greddy Catback...But if I put it back on and the install of a HFC doesnt quiet it down by a large amount, I'm looking at also having to add a rather large resonator. I loved the greddy exhaust note and tone. I will be keeping the car for a while, i'm not ready to go back to stock yet. I dont have the stock header. I may get hondata flashpro.

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
take ur factory exhaust off and add either a resonator to it. High flow cat wont do to much to lessen the sound. I just came from one.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
stock exhaust + race header = piping rapage = raspy sound = rice.

stock piping wasnt meant for the unfiltered gases coming straight through the header.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
^This. IMO, get the Invidia Q300. Super Quiet even with a RH and has a very deep and mellow tone from what I hear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts