8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would like to do a trunk swap with an Si owner seeking to get rid of his/her spoiler and has a nighthawk black car. I would also like to swap out the interior 3rd brake light piece on the back shelf. I have the ivory interior. And I can't forget about swapping out the keyhole center of the trunk lid. The trunk is in GREAT shape but it's a little dirty in the picture. ****YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE LOCAL FOR ME TO WANT TO SWAP! I look at it this way, I'm much more willing to drive a ways and spend at MOST $200 on gas there and back to swap trunks than to spend more than $600 for getting a spoiler of ebay ($110 painted), getting the lip spoiler taken off, and the holes filled in (cheapest estimate right at $500). It only makes sense to drive a while and spend around $100 round trip than to pay so much for the body work.

*also, I would like to buy the side mirror adjuster if anyone has wrecked their car and are doing a complete part out. They want $30 bucks for it at the dealership. I broke one tiny tab on mine while switching the lights inside to blue LED's. It's not super crucial to have this part but just in case somebody was getting rid of the car.

The first picture shows the difference between my new, smoked led tail lights and the originals. :D I like them a lot. As you can see, the trunk has been debadged but I still have the civic emblem and it's perfectly intact.

This one is with both new ones

**ALSO, if anyone wants to do a full interior swap, let me know too. I have the ivory. I'm willing to look at the grey or the black (are there any other interior colors?).

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's an antennae base for a cb radio antennae that I've only put on my car once since I've had my car (3 months). I live in Memphis, TN.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dang, Im looking for a trunkswap lol. I have an Si. But I think you are too far :/

NJ here
well...there IS a guy wanting to sell me a complete interior from NJ and if it'd be cheaper to just drive up there, I'm down for doing both at the same time. I just did the math and it'd cost me about $150 round trip in gas and that's a heck of a lot better than $700 for the body work (filling in lip holes) and the painted ebay spoiler. Of course I'd LIKE to swap somewhere closer but what do you think? What interior do you have?

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
I have what ever stock interior I got with the Si :]

As for the trunk though (which is the only one I'm interested in)...

Are there holes if I remove that little lip on your trip? Or is that just on via adhesive?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
it has 5 or more holes. That's why the extra body work is so expensive because a shop would have to fill them in lol. That's why I don't mind driving a little ways to save money. Plus, I'm DYING to take a road trip in it for the first time :D I meant what color interior do you have? I was asking because you'd prolly wanna switch out the back shelf panel so you could have my third brake light.

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Hmm.. not too worried about the 3rd breaklight myself.

And sorry about the confusion on my previous question: I meant on YOUR trunk - would there be any holes if that little lip was removed?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hmm.. not too worried about the 3rd brea myself.

And sorry about the confusion on my previous question: I meant on YOUR trunk - would there be any holes if that little lip was removed?
I was saying yes lol. If you removed the lip spoiler there would be I think 5 or 6 holes

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lol good luck on yours too. You'd prolly be better off getting a holeless, lipless trunk lid from the dealership and getting it painted.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts