8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am lookin for retro done headlights .
preferred done by customlights .
i'll do the swap too got 07 si coupe.
willin to pay good $ /not as good as payin for new but really good .

·
Banned
796 Posts
To be honest, you can get really good pricing from Custom Lightz. A huge plus about getting it done directly from Custom Lightz instead of buying it off a member on here is that it's exactly what YOU want, not what someone else wants. Trust me, I should know. (Props to those who know what my setup is like) Do yourself a favor, PM -Bionic- and see what he can do for you. The possibilities are endless. If you need help sourcing parts, I can be of service. What exactly is your budget anyways? You mention paying well, but not as well as a brand new setup. Details? If you know what you want and know the right places to get your parts, it should not cost more than $750, and that's a high estimate.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
If I didn't buy my headlights, and used a loaner like I've provided, I wouldn't have topped 900.

I shopped until I found a good deal, or jumped on deals when I could. It's not that hard. The killer for me was buying ANOTHER set of headlights, as there was no one available to help with loaners when I had mine done.

BTW, I've had mine done just a couple months after Tim.

·
Registered
12,582 Posts
here you go bud, I'll hook u up with some ballasts for 60 bucks, bulbs for 20 bucks and projectors for 120 bucks, all you need are:
shrouds, headlights and $300 to cover Bjorn's labor fee and ur retro will be done.
I'm trying to get mdx shrouds for Bjorn as we speak so why don't you contact him?
your total price would be:
ballasts - 60
bulbs - 20
tsx projectors - 120
mdx shrouds - 70(rough estimate)
shroud extension - 60
Labor fee - 300
shipping - 25
675 total price and done the way you want it!
BTW, you can ask someone for a loaner while you send in yours to get retro-ed.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
here you go bud, I'll hook u up with some ballasts for 60 bucks, bulbs for 20 bucks and projectors for 120 bucks, all you need are:
shrouds, headlights and $300 to cover Bjorn's labor fee and ur retro will be done.
I'm trying to get mdx shrouds for Bjorn as we speak so why don't you contact him?
ballasts - 60
bulbs - 20
tsx projectors - 120
shroud extension - 60
Labor fee - 300
shipping - 25
hahah man striker was the one that persuading me to do mine..if it wasn't for this man.. iwould never had seen the groupbuy.. :thumb:

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
ballasts - 60
bulbs - 20
tsx projectors - 120
shroud extension - 60
Labor fee - 300
shipping - 25
Where the hell were you almost 2 years ago!? :(

·
Banned
796 Posts
what kind of setup can you get with $750?
Let's see what you need for a BASIC retrofit setup. Keep in mind this is your BARE MINIMUM (somewhat). The more options you add, the more money it takes (obviously). You can spend anywhere from the price listed below (sometimes even less if you know where to shop) to the absolute maximum (quad-retrofit/CCFL/angel eyes/projector turn signals/laser beams/missile launchers/airport runway lights/trunk monkeys/carbon fiber/etc)

Disclaimer: Laser beams, Missile Launchers, Airport Runway Lights, Trunk Monkeys are NOT approved for street usage. OFF-ROAD USAGE ONLY.

Anyways. Here's the list:

Headlights (optional, you can get a set of loaners from Custom Lightz I believe, or you can buy eBay headlights and send out your stock ones): $225
TSX Projectors: $150
MDX Shrouds: $60
Ballasts: $150
Bulbs: $50
Custom Lightz Labor: $300
Shroud Extension: $60
Shipping: $25
Total: $795

Okay I overshot the estimated value, but these numbers were taken off eBay. If you do enough searching you will find cheaper prices for your items.

I, on the other hand, spent a LOT for my setup. Almost the maximum anyone will EVER pay for a retrofit. To some, it was worth it, to others, they could have bought two retrofits. Personal opinion I guess.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.