8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone im thinking about buying a AP and i just have a few questions before i do.

1. Can this be used on civic si with a ct-e supercharger, using a custom map?

2. Currently i have the new two piece aem CAI, P2R throttle body spacer with two gaskets, stock header stock cat. but on cobbs website it says for the stage 2+ aem cai base map, you need a header and high flow cat do i really need a header and high flow cat? or can i just run the stage 2+cai map with my current mods? if not what base map should i run untill i get a custom tune?

3. When you tune your car how long does it take for your ecu to adjust to the AP and how long does it take for you AFR's to become consistant?

4. my last question is, are there any problems or issues i should know about before i buy this?? and how does everyone like it??

thank you,
Jacob

·
Banned
4,164 Posts
the best option is hondata flash pro..

especially with a boosted application...

flashpro has live tuning unlike AP.. which will cut down on your tuning cost greatly..

alot of AP users are sending the APs to hondata and getting the 250$ deal with hondata... because it is simply BETTER.. no arguing it

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
hi everyone im thinking about buying a AP and i just have a few questions before i do.

1. Can this be used on civic si with a ct-e supercharger, using a custom map?

NO Cobb currently does not support boost.

2. Currently i have the new two piece aem CAI, P2R throttle body spacer with two gaskets, stock header stock cat. but on cobbs website it says for the stage 2+ aem cai base map, you need a header and high flow cat do i really need a header and high flow cat? or can i just run the stage 2+cai map with my current mods? if not what base map should i run untill i get a custom tune?

You NEED a header and cat/deleted cat to run a stage 2. You are at a stage 1.
3. When you tune your car how long does it take for your ecu to adjust to the AP and how long does it take for you AFR's to become consistant?

AFR's are dependant on your tune, you tune your AFR's, they dont correct themselves. It will be instantly changes once you flash the tune.

4. my last question is, are there any problems or issues i should know about before i buy this?? and how does everyone like it??

I would say 30-40% of people on here have switched to Flashpro from Cobb. Cobb is currently behind in the tuning race, and people with large setups need the options Cobb currently doesnt support.

As stated above, Hondata FP is currently the best option

thank you,
Jacob

·
Banned
4,164 Posts
that hasnt answered ANY of his questions
no but he shows he is interested in supercharging his car in the near future.

AP doesnt have anything to support that..

so it would be a waste for him to buy AP if he was gunna SC his car, with that being said his following questions were worthless to answer.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

thank you guys for all the help

another thing you say that i have to have a header with cat delete, but i live in cali and i really dont want to run a race header with cat delete can i go with the ct-e shorty header and a high flow cat and run that stage 2 cai map?

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
thank you guys for all the help

another thing you say that i have to have a header with cat delete, but i live in cali and i really dont want to run a race header with cat delete can i go with the ct-e shorty header and a high flow cat and run that stage 2 cai map?
you can also just run the stage 1 tune for your intake. It is calibrated for your setup. Once you get a header or cat delete you can run stage 2.

Why would you want to run a basemap when you have an incomplete setup to run that application?

FWIW after you reflash the change is instantaneous and the computer ecu adjusts in real time as you drive. Once you learn how this works, you are helping the ECU target how much air is entering the engine so it can put the appropriate amount of fuel. Several MAF calibration revisions help the ECU target more efficiently.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
This is what i think
If you want to save $200 and plan on just having basic bolt-ons (intake, headers, exhaust): get cobb accessport

If you really want to get into tuning, and plan on going boost: get the hondata flashpro

this is just my opinion. Me myself, i have the cobb acccessport but plan on swapping it with the flashpro today.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
This is what i think
If you want to save $200 and plan on just having basic bolt-ons (intake, headers, exhaust): get cobb accessport

If you really want to get into tuning, and plan on going boost: get the hondata flashpro

this is just my opinion. Me myself, i have the cobb acccessport but plan on swapping it with the flashpro today.
Even larger injectors, which are required on most cammed or larger TB setups need Hondata. Currently cobb does not support larger injectors.

If you never plan on going past I/h/e then try the cobb, but as we all know, a car guy is NEVER satisfied.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
I had an AP but just ordered a FP today. The OP posted about a ct-e s/c, so Cobb is out for you as they dont support FI.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah i think im going with flash pro the only reason i wanted cobb is because it has the screen and i can see whats going on and because i have an apple lap top and i dont think you can use that for flash pro?

·
Registered
300 Posts
With the latest revision to the AccessPORT and tuning software software,you should be able to now tune larger injectors and Forced Induction with AccessTUNER Pro and Race.

However, we have not yet tested this software in this manner. We will be working to confirm this in the near term.

Travis
COBB Tuning

·
Banned
4,164 Posts
With the latest revision to the AccessPORT and tuning software software,you should be able to now tune larger injectors and Forced Induction with AccessTUNER Pro and Race.

However, we have not yet tested this software in this manner. We will be working to confirm this in the near term.

Travis
COBB Tuning
just more reasons to go with HONDATA...

·
Banned
4,164 Posts
yeah i think im going with flash pro the only reason i wanted cobb is because it has the screen and i can see whats going on and because i have an apple lap top and i dont think you can use that for flash pro?
u can run flashpro on a apple lap top.. i think there a few little extras u have to do but im pretty sure u can run flashpro with a apple..

just PM hondata on here and they will let u know.

·
Registered
300 Posts
this thread from cobb suggests that they are FORSURE that there product can support larger injectors and forced induction now..

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/cobb-tuning/183953-accessport-tuning-honda-civic-si-gets-boost.html

but there post in this thread says it should be able to but they are not sure because they havent tested it yet..

kinda odd
You will notice that this is an older post. We discovered, that there were serious deficiencies in the previously released software and we subsequently took that software down.

At this time, the software has been significantly reworked and updated, however, until we test this software on a forced induction car, we cannot say for certain that the newest software supports FI tuning.

Travis
COBB Tuning

·
Banned
4,164 Posts
You will notice that this is an older post. We discovered, that there were serious deficiencies in the previously released software and we subsequently took that software down.

At this time, the software has been significantly reworked and updated, however, until we test this software on a forced induction car, we cannot say for certain that the newest software supports FI tuning.

Travis
COBB Tuning

hmm would have been nice if u posted that in that thread...

so ppl would know cobb DOESNT work for F/I

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.