8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Woops of the motor still runs it would be worth much more than $20k
Probably, I know an LS9 crate engine will run you about $22,000 brand new.

Another thing I'd check is to see if the carbon ceramic brakes and rotors are in good shape.

That's probably another $5,000 or so right there if they're in good shape.

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
first off R.I.P. :sadwavy:

pricing doesn't make sense to me either. looking at their posting thier saying the value of it is 107k. their estimate to fix it is 74k and their selling it for 20k. so maybe make around 10k if their estimate is correct. but is that the price for a salvage one? especially this kind of salvage? i thought thats around the price for a new one..... could be wrong

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
first off R.I.P. :sadwavy:

pricing doesn't make sense to me either. looking at their posting thier saying the value of it is 107k. their estimate to fix it is 74k and their selling it for 20k. so maybe make around 10k if their estimate is correct. but is that the price for a salvage one? especially this kind of salvage? i thought thats around the price for a new one..... could be wrong
Doesn't make much sense to me either, I mean if you buy it and repair it, it can cost you nearly $100k just to get it back into a good condition. With that kind of money you might as well just get a new one.

·
Banned
3,392 Posts
The airbags didn't deploy, it wasn't in an accident, it was just flooded. That's not a car you attempt to restore, I'd just pull the motor and scrap the shell, but even then it's not worth it because there's no guarantee the motor isn't full of crap, might as well buy a new crate.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Probably, I know an LS9 crate engine will run you about $22,000 brand new.

Another thing I'd check is to see if the carbon ceramic brakes and rotors are in good shape.

That's probably another $5,000 or so right there if they're in good shape.
You'll be surprise how much those carbon ceramic brakes cost.

I think the ZR1 front rotors and calipers alone cost more than $5,000.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
Snake Eyes is all over this deal. :laughing:

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You'll be surprise how much those carbon ceramic brakes cost.

I think the ZR1 front rotors and calipers alone cost more than $5,000.
Yeah if they're new. Wholesale they'll run you about $9,000 total for new pads and rotors. So with mark up I'd imagine the MSRP would be about $10,000-$11,000.

I guess if one were to buy the rotors and pads and never track the car, they wouldn't care if they were used or not.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts