8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Walsh Honda in Macon GA tried to steal my car?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  jedpak 
#1 ·
Hello fellow drivers, hope you have a moment to indulge me as I explain what happened.

First, let me fill you in on my car. It is a 2010 taffeta white si coupe. I am the original owner and have 0 problems with it. Love it, great car...mechanics at dealerships tell me all the time to let them know when I go to sell which I'm not and I'm at 156,000 miles and my clutch goes out. This isn't my first car where the clutch finally wore out. I think its actually my third. Anyway, I'm waiting for my gf brother and his buddy mechanic to replace it on the side because you know how much of a hassle a clutch is and the kit and flywheel are already expensive. I can do most work on my own but powertrain stuff isn't something I can work on.
My aunt said she would help me get it done faster if she could just take it to the dealership to get it fixed. I didn't want my car to go to the dealership where my car broke down which is Walsh Honda in Macon, GA but she, insistent as she is was already getting it towed to try and help me out and I felt helpless and depressed because it was taking forever to get the cheap side help done to the car...so I let her and my car got to the dealership and they took my head off and said I had low compression in 1.

This is a very abridged tribute to the conversation between me and the dealerships head mechanics and the service managers.

"What? I just need a new clutch kit my dude?"

"No, there's a lot more wrong. Its going to be probably between $6-8000 to fix."

"No, you are full of ****, there isn't anything wrong with my car. My clutch went out you jackass. How can you call yourselves mechanics, its amazing you can change oil and rotate tires. Put my head back on right now, I'm getting this towed back!"

They were very upset and asked me to leave but I'm not leaving without my car, screw them, I'm pissed! we came up there in my girl's 2019 si to get oil changed anyway.
I towed my car back to where it was and u-hauled it back to my house way down south (which is another story) and had my grandpa's mechanic look at it.
Guess what? Just a clutch, flywheel, battery and 7 hours of labor of honest work from honest mechanics.
It cost $1700 compared to $6-8000.
LOL
I checked rock auto for parts and that price seemed right and I am happy to have my car back on the road.
So, what do you think about Walsh Honda's quote? Were they trying to steal my car? I knew they were lying and I wish there was something I could do to them for this. I guess thats why I'm posting this story here.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello fellow drivers, hope you have a moment to indulge me as I explain what happened.

First, let me fill you in on my car. It is a 2010 taffeta white si coupe. I am the original owner and have 0 problems with it. Love it, great car...mechanics at dealerships tell me all the time to let them know when I go to sell which I'm not and I'm at 156,000 miles and my clutch goes out. This isn't my first car where the clutch finally wore out. I think its actually my third. Anyway, I'm waiting for my gf brother and his buddy mechanic to replace it on the side because you know how much of a hassle a clutch is and the kit and flywheel are already expensive. I can do most work on my own but powertrain stuff isn't something I can work on.
My aunt said she would help me get it done faster if she could just take it to the dealership to get it fixed. I didn't want my car to go to the dealership where my car broke down which is Walsh Honda in Macon, GA but she, insistent as she is was already getting it towed to try and help me out and I felt helpless and depressed because it was taking forever to get the cheap side help done to the car...so I let her and my car got to the dealership and they took my head off and said I had low compression in 1.

This is a very abridged tribute to the conversation between me and the dealerships head mechanics and the service managers.

"What? I just need a new clutch kit my dude?"

"No, there's a lot more wrong. Its going to be probably between $6-8000 to fix."

"No, you are full of ****, there isn't anything wrong with my car. My clutch went out you jackass. How can you call yourselves mechanics, its amazing you can change oil and rotate tires. Put my head back on right now, I'm getting this towed back!"

They were very upset and asked me to leave but I'm not leaving without my car, screw them, I'm pissed! we came up there in my girl's 2019 si to get oil changed anyway.
I towed my car back to where it was and u-hauled it back to my house way down south (which is another story) and had my grandpa's mechanic look at it.
Guess what? Just a clutch, flywheel, battery and 7 hours of labor of honest work from honest mechanics.
It cost $1700 compared to $6-8000.
LOL
I checked rock auto for parts and that price seemed right and I am happy to have my car back on the road.
So, what do you think about Walsh Honda's quote? Were they trying to steal my car? I knew they were lying and I wish there was something I could do to them for this. I guess thats why I'm posting this story here.
Even if they wanted your car, this isn’t necessarily them trying to steal your car.

It is very common that Honda charges this much for this type of repair. Not only that, they always try to upsale you regarding other parts and/or repairs that may or may not need replacement/repairs.

engine/clutch/tranny repairs are always going to be expensive if you or a family member/friend is not able to do so yourself. Sounds like you avoided a big debt.

side note, I’m at 156k mile mark. I went through 1 engine replacement but have only replaced my clutch when I replaced my engine. When I looked at my stock clutch, it had normal wear considering I drove the life out of my car and it still had a bit of life left on it.

glad you got it fixed 👍

#5 ·
They still lied about there being low compression...my engine runs strong.
Sadly, I think they are truly a stealership. They are selling the new civic sports for 30k not even Si. My woman had a 10th gen and wow what a piece of trash compared to ours. Even her ep3 drives better. The ONLY thing the new one has on our cars is mpg. If you ever drive the 10th Si or Type R, try not to grind 2nd gear, that's all I'm saying, oh and its bs that factory tires slide in the rain over 50 mph on flat surfaces. No thanks, someone else can enjoy those airbags.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.