8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
vtech not kicking in wen engines cold? it kicked in wen it was new but my car only has 10,000 miles on it. so still pretty new only 1 year old

weres my vtech at :vtec:

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You shouldn't be going into vtech when its cold anyways, bad for your engine.
i no that but me and my uncle were talking and he says he runs his engine cold wen his on the track but i said there would be no oil prsser blabla any ways he said more intak power so i tryed it out that way today and no vetch even trys to kick in

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
u have to let ur car warm up i forgot to what temp but vtech wont even kick in until it reaches that temp

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh thats i was thinking but wasnt sure thanks

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
lol ya. It gets cold her in manitoba and i dont even think of going into vtech. thank god for block heaters, car heats up really fast.

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
dammit can't ya'll say "VTEC"!!!! It's Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control, not Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control Hampster, or Housing, or Homeless!!!

VTEC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To the OP, I had the same problem about 2 months into having my Si. a lot of problems you'll encounter, use the search button first. Most of us have had the same problems and you'll find your answers without opening a new post:thumb:

·
Registered
593 Posts
really didn't know that it was bad to hit vtec in the cold. sounds like my engine is enjoying the nice cold weather.

i drive my car after my engine temp hits 5 bars at least anyways.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
really didn't know that it was bad to hit vtec in the cold. sounds like my engine is enjoying the nice cold weather.

Its fine to hit vtec in the cold. Cold weather = more power.

However.
Its not fine to rev the crap out of a cold engine. Wait till it warms up.
VTEC will not work untill the engine reaches a certain temp

I personally crank my car every morning and go back inside for a while. I do not move it untill it has 5 bars on the temp meter.

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
What does post count have to do with anything?
Meaning, until you've gotten your feet wet, don't judge. That's not what this board/forum is about. If you'd like to go nutz on ppl, at least attempt to ESTABLISH YOURSELF AS REPUTABLE first.

Yea, keep doin that.. I made this exact same post months ago, and I've learned to just let it wait. I know it's tempting, especially since my lude loved to be beat on in the cold, but it's best for the K20 to warm up.

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol i just relized i as saying vtech not vtec haha oops

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.