8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an honda civic 2007 LX, may seem stupid but I thought all the civic had the Vtec but maybe not as performant on the SI
And even when I get to high rev nothing is happening.... well compare to waht I'm seeing on youtube....
So does I have a VTEC

·
Registered
54 Posts
i believe all 8th gen civics have v-tec unless its the hybrid, the diff between si and rest of civics is si has dohc. v-tec in si is more noticable

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
I don't think it's even less noticable, it's just not there like you'll see in the SI/RSX-S. For you, I beleive it starts lower in the power band and helps with economy. With the SI, it's the exact opposite.

I know exactly what you mean. The first time I fired up my LX, I took it out and slowly revved near the limiter and saw nothing, almost cried lol. Night and day with my SI, now.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sad now,.... I agreed to pay the 2k more for the SI
The things is that the insurance would have kill me and that the Si go a way worst mileage per gallon than the other model...

·
Registered
375 Posts
Sooo you bought a car you knew nothing about and now your feeling buyers remorse...Hhhhmmm

Do some research next time, I mean at the very least test drive the car, so you know what the "Vtec" feels like and your writing is killing me...:banghead:

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
drewbie said:
is there a mod I can easily do to help my vtec to look like more the si one ???
No. Not really. You can get more pitch and tone with exhaust and intake, but really, the two VTEC systems are a bit different.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah, after putting 5,000 for the sound system and the dynamat which is isn't removable.... I'm screw and now I'm getting pissed off when I'm get screw by almost anycar on the road, like the cobalt who are killing me by 2 miles...

·
Registered
375 Posts
no but...you can get an intake, header, and exhaust and that will give you more power all around, but not like a "kick" in power like Vtec...if your looking for a sudden booost get NOS

·
Registered
549 Posts
aLiLbit-Si-LLy said:
no but...you can get an intake, header, and exhaust and that will give you more power all around, but not like a "kick" in power like Vtec...if your looking for a sudden booost get NOS

yeah but in reality how often are you actually going to be able to use the nos power in daily driving??

·
Registered
119 Posts
The R18 motor only has the 2 lobe vtec design, Unlike the k20 were the rocker arms on the high cam will lock (i guess you can call it that) that will allow higher lift and duration. So the r18 just has the vtc funtion of vtec; and it is single cam. If ya really want to enjoy vtec, i would trade your car back in to the dealer, they will usally give you good trade in if it is from the same deale. Also check out howstuffworks.com, they have a great write up on how vtec works.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
dammitwork said:
The R18 motor only has the 2 lobe vtec design, Unlike the k20 were the rocker arms on the high cam will lock (i guess you can call it that) that will allow higher lift and duration. So the r18 just has the vtc funtion of vtec; and it is single cam. If ya really want to enjoy vtec, i would trade your car back in to the dealer, they will usally give you good trade in if it is from the same deale. Also check out howstuffworks.com, they have a great write up on how vtec works.
damnit i was about to say that, well yah o well, Vtec just gets you in trouble.:eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
119 Posts
tis very true. ******* cops here in florida dont look too kindly on vtec, when you are trying to merge through four lanes of traffic; while the ford f-950 with the straight pipes is trying to push me off the road.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.