8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im trying to chase down an issue in my 07 si and im alittle stumped. car is not hitting vtec. i found an oil leak at the spool valve and replaced the gasket for that and cleaned it all up. cleaned the mass air flow sensor as i was having an issue with that and that seems to be fixed but still not vtec. oil is full and clean and its not throwing any codes. my next attempt is gonna be too install the oil control valve off my parts car and see what that does. any advise would be great. thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you verifying no vtec through datalog ? Oil pressure ? Proper operating temp ?
its up to full operating temp at the time. Flashpro shows no signs of any activity from the cam phaser. car cleary does not hit it either when its supposed to be. i do hear a grind on cold starts. i have seen a few people say that theirs did when the control valve was on its way out so i will swap that out to verify and im gonna hook up a manual oil pressure gauge to verify oil pressure. car does have 180k on it but other then the no vtec it runs good and does not use or burn oil or make any abnormal noises.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
07hcivsi
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing