8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y’all I have a 2007 Civic SI the other day getting on the free way I got this code P2646 is an OBD-II generic code for the engine control module (ECM) detecting the 'A' rocker arm actuator control circuit for bank 1 has a performance problem or is stuck in the off position. The whole car like backed off and retarded it self it scared the hell out of me. It also made my traction control lights stay on too. I’ve looked at plenty of fixes online my best guess is replacing the VTEC solenoid gasket and vtc gasket. It seems like it wasn’t getting proper oil pressure? I was told by the Honda dealer that my VTEC solenoid gasket was actually leaking about a year ago, so I’m assuming that and my oil was about 1/2 quart low is what caused this? I doubt any of the gasket/ filters have been replaced it has about 150k miles on my 07 Civic Si and I have been using powerful cleaner oil Amsoil signature so maybe some gunk got in there. Do any of you have experience with this code? It seems like if this won’t fix it maybe replace the whole VTEC solenoid? I hope it’ll go away. So far after filling the oil up it hasn’t done it again after I cleared the code out. I went into VTEC about 5-6 times no issue since, But I definitely will replace both gaskets ASAP. Any thoughts? Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts