8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been taking it easy since I got my Si about three week ago, but now that I have over 600 miles on it. I figure I see what all the big fuss was about.:vtec: :SHOCKED: All I can say is that I can’t stop smiling. :biggrin:

Just wanted to know what it was like for everyone else:wavey:

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
I did it in a mild right corner (speedo was at 599.9, and tapped into 6k at 600 :D). Man, it was like...um...waking up for the car.

"Oh you want me to go now!?" VTEC lobe switches over "Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! This is what you've been missing for the past 600 miles!".

·
Registered
9 Posts
as soon as i left the dealership with 7 miles i felt that ****, i beat the crap out of my supercharged ep3 for almost 5 years since day one, never had one problem! i must say having the vtec crossover compared to the ep3's watered down k is ****** awesome!!!!

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
The first time i hit VTEC was in 2001 in a 94 GSR on the test drive of the car with the owner and my gf in it. That **** changed my life. I had to have that car, and i did. Then I got to drive a 2002 RSX-S. It made my GSR slow but was still the same thing. Then i got my 06 Si. I hit VTEC after 30 miles (i already had a 6 year addiction to it so i couldn't wait any longer) with friends egging me on. After the third time, I got used to the power. Now, it feels slow, but is still an effing hoot every time i do it. The 3rd gear change over is the most noticeable. If i could put VTEC in a syringe and inject it, i would.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
LOL I hit vtec on the test drive car, then pick different color LOL

Vtec is a drug

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
GlxyGry06Si said:
because we want our car to last.

do you think honda really thinks that 75% of Si owners are not gonna redline their engines before 600 miles. if breakin was that serious there would be a big fat warning sticker right on your tach. Anyway even for people who follow the breakin your car was probably revved to the moon by a tech anyway.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts