8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddy and me were discussing whether the VSA is better to run with it off or on? he drives a 04 accord 3.0 and man that bad boy just spins out! i drive a 07 fg and feel my response better with it off. when i raced my buddy from a cold start it hesitated when i took off with the VSA on. so i was wondering what would be better?

·
Registered
967 Posts
it hesitates cause its the traction control and it'll lower the rpms to try and gain traction. thats also why you'll feel more response when its off. i'd recommend keeping it on during normal driving because it may help if your in a slippery situation:giggle:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was telling my buddy to turn it off when he runs someone so he can get a better response and he never turned it off. said he still took some people with it on.

·
Registered
484 Posts
^ Indeed.

Plus VSA can save your life.
i turn vsa off as soon as i turn the car on, cuz several times iv turned out into traffic and had to accelerate around a corner and due to the aggressive nature of our helical lsd the outside wheels slip a little bit around the corner, vsa then shuts the engine down almost killing the engine, not good when your pulling out into traffic thats doing 55. therefore i personally think vsa is dangerous it almost killed me a couple of times like that, so no i just turn it off, also i have raced both autox and dragstrip with vsa on and off, both of which vsa makes for longer times, so turn it off in any racing situation, and keep the racing to the track! not the street

1 - 7 of 7 Posts