8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is going to seem a little weird, but i need some one with an 07+ SI to take a picture of the back of the VSA button and the harness plug that plugs into it.

i need a new 06 civic fog light switch and cant seem to buy the button itself. since they VSA and fog switch are the same size/shape im hoping the plug in the back is the same also. i could then just take the front (moving part) of the fog light switch from my car and put it on the VSA switch...

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ah, damn. well dont go out of your way to pull out your dash. but if some one happens to remember what it looks like, that would be great.

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
maybe in like a half an hour i will go do it for ya, but last time i had it apart i could have sworn it was completely different

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
i have the switch laying around... hold on

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts

FROM LEFT TO RIGHT.. this diagram i made for a debounce circit for my carputer/custome foglight harness... but what the contact pounts are are on the left...

the little plugs are just what i found since i cnt buy just the plug.

Reactions: NIGHTHAWKSI

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
+1, exactly what i needed.

BTW, if any one else needs to know, they are teh same. the only difference of teh VSA and fog light switches is the print on the fron, and it can be changed.

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
ok i found the switch and took a fresh shot. just for you man...

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
+1, exactly what i needed.

BTW, if any one else needs to know, they are teh same. the only difference of teh VSA and fog light switches is the print on the fron, and it can be changed.
NO IT CANT!!!. i have taken both switches apart and thay are verry differant... the vsa has a printed circut board on it that a piece of metal slides across making contact and dose not lock. the foglight switch dose loce because it has a switch built into it.

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
this is the inside of the foglight switch, VERY DIFFERANT FROM THE VSA...
(minus the led mod.)

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i have the k2motor fogs, and its phisically broken. the clips that hold it in the dash are broken.

definatly not under warrenty.

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
HAHA, man that sucks, as you can tell from the diagram i planned on useing it for a foglite switch too, but the signal will (Bounce) or flicker causeing you to turn the light on and off about 200 times a second, with the circut that i have outlinged you can use the VSA switch which dose not lock with a relay and the debouncer...

so it will be like the defogger on the older 5th gen's...

you cannot but the foglight switch seperatly. you can only get it with the harness... but for the cost you mayaswell buy a new kit for $40 and have a spari set. thats what i ended up doing cuz its cheaper and easyer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts