8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
09, 9k miles. For the last 5-6000 miles it seems like the vsa is still coming on even when I have it off. Only seems to do it on 1-2 shift. Tires will spin all day in first if you want, but when I shift to second (at redline or close to it) it bogs and feels like the brakes are hit cus my head actually snaps forward. Yes the vsa (!) is on so, yes it's supposedly off. Anyone?

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you are shifting at redline, and maybe afterward, it could be the engine cutting itself off so it won't blow from excessive redline. Just a thought.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah its not that. By at or near redline I meant like 7300-8200. So it doesn't even have to be that close.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok bog was the wrong word. It cuts out exactly like when vsa is on. Even at a rerline shift so yes it's still in vtec...

·
Registered
129 Posts
1st to 2nd without the godliness that is FlashPro is pretty weak. For me it was a little difficult to grab second and still be holding VTEC. I'd shift, come in at like 5600...wait...wait...VTEC and then I was off again.

FlashPro can also get rid of the engine-side of VSA...start savin' up!

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
1st to 2nd without the godliness that is FlashPro is pretty weak. For me it was a little difficult to grab second and still be holding VTEC. I'd shift, come in at like 5600...wait...wait...VTEC and then I was off again.

FlashPro can also get rid of the engine-side of VSA...start savin' up!

as well as no more 5,600rpm....wait....wait...Vtec because you will already be in Vtec going into 2nd at those RPMs.

Tuning FTW

1 - 9 of 9 Posts