8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know it probally doesnt belong in this category but since the vsa helps with handeling and all , is it sacrificing any hp at all when enabled??

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
search my friend.

yes it will hurt your hp. it's a traction control remember, so when you tires spin, it'll cut fuel response until it feels it's "safe" for you to continue your response.

Try it for yourself. leave the VSA on, and launch your car (either from a light or at a track) and go thru the first 3 gears. Then turn it off, and try it. It'll be a large difference.

Keep in mind, you're not going to make or lose 5-10hp from the push of a button, but yes, you'll see a difference.

·
Registered
67 Posts
search my friend.

yes it will hurt your hp. it's a traction control remember, so when you tires spin, it'll cut fuel response until it feels it's "safe" for you to continue your response. .
It won't actually hurt your hp, but it will hurt your acceleration. A simple rule of thumb. Leave it on during normal driving and take it off when you are driving aggressively

As covered in previous posts about VSA, you are not going to loose fuel efficiency, or power simply by leaving VSA enabled. It is ECU controlled and only activated when your tires loose traction. Think of it like ABS.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
:yeahthat:

I can say with firm hands-on exp that at the track leaving it on isn't the smartest thing to do lol. It was an accident, but one that will never happen again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.