8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Purchased an 07 FA5 Si about 3 weeks ago. While on a closed road, I stretched the car's legs. Somewhere between 95-105mph, VSA light popped on and stayed on until I stopped, turned the car off, and restarted it. It stayed off, once again, until breaching triple digits - I backed off at 120 on the second instance and the behaivor was the same, and again at 90-100mph a third time. The light has not come on aside from these three runs. Is there an issue with wiring at this speed?

No other issues are present with the car and the light coming on did not affect drivability whatsoever. Anyone have an idea of what might be happening?

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
OK, Your VSA kicked in. Nothing to worry about. Stay off the 3 digits and drive safe. Have a nice day.

Just in case anyone was wondering. VSA- VEHICLE STABILITY ASSISTANT

·
Registered
663 Posts
I doubt it's just the VSA light that's on. Is every light on? CEL? Battery light? Sounds like your car IS dying, which would be a battery/alternator issue. VSA won't allow your car to suffer in any way.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Oh cool about your dying issue, I didn't realize you were tuned or anything and manipulated fuel dump.

Clock spring won't effect the VSA I wouldn't think. They only relative to the dash lights is the turn signal lights, but then again, those turn signal lights are relative to the steering wheel stalks which are related to the clock spring. But remind me again, when does this happen? When does your VSA light come on? What are you doing when it does?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Nice dude. I guess I don't know enough about what that dang thing attributes to. I learned something new. Good call too. What made you think of that? And what about the clock spring was the issue?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts