8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Si Coupe k24a2 swapped
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was driving at 115 and every time i went past it..... my vsa would trigger and stop the throttle. i tested it again at a 100% thorttle around 70-80 and topping off 80 my vsa pops up and stops the throttle like im spinning.

also idle sounds different
car sounds muffled

car mods:
FBO

possible causes???

i washed my car and got something wet?
Tranny Speed sensor issue?
Vss under the well?

i just dont get why the vsa would trigger at such high speeds at 115 mph???

·
Registered
243 Posts
It is likely your speed governor. All Jap manufacturers made an agreement a while ago to limit cars speed to 130. It sounds like yours is coming on early maybe. Possibly set low from factory/

A hondata unit will erase that or take it to Honda shop.

Is this the first time you had the car up to those speeds?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Nope. Changed my answer after re-reading your post. Could you have a bad Body Control Module? Its a freakin odd occurrence but I remember something similar with a buddy's Civic overseas and I think he had to replace a faulty module. His car thought one tire was spinning or some such shite.

Just a thought as I can think of nothing else. You own civics long enough and you think you've heard it all. Then something like you're dealing with happens.

Good luck and let me know what happens if you will...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope. Changed my answer after re-reading your post. Could you have a bad Body Control Module? Its a freakin odd occurrence but I remember something similar with a buddy's Civic overseas and I think he had to replace a faulty module. His car thought one tire was spinning or some such shite.

Just a thought as I can think of nothing else. You own civics long enough and you think you've heard it all. Then something like you're dealing with happens.

I just cleaned my coil pack and cleaned my maf I’ll let you know how my drive is on the way the work...

·
Registered
243 Posts
I just read some old post about VSA light coming on at speed. One problem was the clock spring of all things and the other was the cars tires. You haven't changed anything with the steering or tires recently have you?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I kept it on throttle at 115 and it stopped me from driving for a couple seconds and
I just read some old post about VSA light coming on at speed. One problem was the clock spring of all things and the other was the cars tires. You haven't changed anything with the steering or tires recently have you?
i just got two new front tires 1-2 months ago...cinturato p4s and I have p3s in the back (pirellis)

my front suspension consist of
d2 coils
Hardrace control arms
Ktuned ball joints
Moog sway bay joints
h brace ?

idk how any of that would come into play....?

also a year ago I replaced the vss on the front left knuckle but everything seemed to run good after that until now...I went back and checked it and made sure my connection is good.

·
Registered
143 Posts
This sounds electrical to me. Since you have checked all the normal stuff like throttle stuff and speed sensors, maybe have a look at grounds? Are you FBO on the factory tune?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This sounds electrical to me. Since you have checked all the normal stuff like throttle stuff and speed sensors, maybe have a look at grounds? Are you FBO on the factory tune?
I’m already on my final revision...my 8th tune was feeling great...but I literally feel as if my car is running on 3 cylinders right now...I reflashed my tune as well

Car just sounds kinda bubbly it doesn’t flow as well it seems as if Rpm is not going up or down freely.....

·
Registered
243 Posts
Search the forums for "VSA light coming on at high speeds". I found several post having the same issue. Weirdly enough, though so very typical of civics, each post had a different cause and solution. One even mention the muffled exhaust sound you are having. Another had same issue but due to winter tires running on smooth pavement making the VCA unit think tires were spinning/loosing traction. There is one about a faulty clock-spring being the issue but I can figure how that plays.

Good luck friend. I am out of my depth with this one. Please keep us updated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts