8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the second time I've hooted about VSA. It is like a new sport for me going around wet corners. I have yet to feel the car loose it. If you have it you should try it. Find a wet corner where the cops arent and go through it as fast wet as you would if it were dry. It was worthless in the snow last week though.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
I don't believe most of what you feel is not the VSA alone, Since our cars are very front heavy (61/39 for coupe) I believe the EBD (electronic brake distribution) is what really saves you from hitting the wall ahead of you (under under understeer). It may just be me tho, I'm coming from a RWD car so I'm use to turning in a bit later and balancing my tail with the throttle. With such a nose heavy car + front drive wheels you really have to aim at that apex early or hit the turn really wide to take it at full speed. At least that is my theory.

Honestly though, I dreaded having a practical FWD car but this SI completely amazes me with its ability to handle the bends well. And I'm still on th OEM A/S tires! Glad you like your car :)

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Dude i just took my car out with a group through the twisties in the back roads of gainesville, and holy crap i love the suspension and handling of this car VSA saved me once, Our car is such a beast on those turns.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
VSA only kicks in when the car is about to lose it or if it wont gain traction. I actually tried running my car through the twisties earlier tonight with VSA off and didnt notice any difference.

·
Registered
185 Posts
This is the second time I've hooted about VSA. It is like a new sport for me going around wet corners. I have yet to feel the car loose it. If you have it you should try it. Find a wet corner where the cops arent and go through it as fast wet as you would if it were dry. It was worthless in the snow last week though.
I cant wait to turn on CNN tomorrow to find another 50 car pile up b/c some dumb 16 yr old did this...

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
I cant wait to turn on CNN tomorrow to find another 50 car pile up b/c some dumb 16 yr old did this...
Dude he's 55. Props to him for wanting to take turns fast. God knows how many slow ass old folks take turns at 15mph no matter what the angle. YOU SHOULD RESPECT HIM.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These sites are great for investigating a problem or just learning. I didn't even think that maybe the Si will go through the wet corners all by itself without the VSA. Well..... here goes!!
Insane wasnt all wrong, but thanks habitat.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Ive only gotten the vsa to light up for a split second cirping from 2nd to 3rd. Ive never been able to get it to light up otherwise :(

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Ive only gotten the vsa to light up for a split second cirping from 2nd to 3rd. Ive never been able to get it to light up otherwise :(
Thats a good thing, I only get VSA otherwise when I power through a tight turn too much causing understeer+loss traction. VSA/EBD applies the brakes to slow me down and straighten me out. Unless if you're going too slow around the bends, not seeing VSA means you're driving a good line.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts