8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well since I don't plan on driving to Cecil County Dragway today we are heading down to Virginia Motorsports Park. I will report back later, hopefully with some good times. Keeping it on the track FTW

edit: 14.5 @ 96...nothing too special.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it would have gotten better too if i got a few more runs in. It started getting crowded so I only got to get one run in after the track had seen some use. I was the first person to run and the track had no traction and spun through 3rd.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
sounds like me EVERYTIME I go to Richmond Dragway lol. Maybe we can meet up again next season if I still have my civic.....it is stock now but for some reason seems faster. I think lack of a tune killed any chances I had of running a good time.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honestly the only thing installed on my car now is header and intake and reflash. I ran faster with factory exhaust. I think I could run even faster on the stock airbox over my Injen. I have the X V2 coming though for my TSX cams. So hopefully a little faster next season.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
cool man good luck! I do agree though my stock car seems faster now than my modded car before. It's wierd....although I don't think my top end is as strong. Hell I ran 15.0 @94.94 my only run while stock. I know I could have gotten at least 14.8-9 if I was able to run more than once, but you know how that track is so anything is possible I guess. I am about to pull off my Injen SRI sell it and put my stock airbox back in.....I am sick of shitty throttle response.....CAI's are even worse man IMO.

P.S. Funny how this has turned into our own personal chat thread lmao.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Not bad. But I think having a bigger and wider exhaust will help air flow along with your header. Like in other thread, I have Injen CAI and Skunk2 exhaust and finally hit 14.4. So I guess you might be able to hit low 14s with other mods on the way.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
^ true but our tracks around here suck badly man...you have no idea. I am not making excuses but they are very bad.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah the bigger exhaust probably wont help because the outlet on the dcrh is 50mm and so is the stock exhaust. Ill probably upgrade to the bcrh since it has a 60mm collector and a 60mm exhaust soon

·
Registered
563 Posts
yeah the bigger exhaust probably wont help because the outlet on the dcrh is 50mm and so is the stock exhaust. Ill probably upgrade to the bcrh since it has a 60mm collector and a 60mm exhaust soon
That's one of the reasons I want to sell my skunk2 70mm and get Greddy Evo2 so that it will be perfect fit with BCRH.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts